Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Race Sense phone app

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  UnMonk 
#1 ·
Phone App

From Slashdot:
"Alexander George writes about a new app that takes the data from a smartphone's accelerometers, GPS, and inclinometer to plot information for braking force, lean angles, speed, and on-track location onto Google Maps to shave precious milliseconds off each lap time in motorcycle races. Race Sense is designed to be a useful tool for someone who races for a living and a very fun toy for those who just like to brag about what lean angle they got at their ride day, and what top speed they reached down the main straight. Australian Grand Prix motorcycle road racer Anthony West provided much of the R&D that went into tweaking the app. 'With sponsorship's so hard to find and I need another way to survive. I spent some of my own money developing it with an Italian guy who also likes to ride himself, and who writes programs,' says West who designed Race Sense to fulfill the needs of a genuine MotoGP racer. 'Sometimes it's one second [separating] 20 people. If you adjust one little thing thinking about something in one corner you can lose four places."

It doesn't seem to be released yet.

#2 ·
Ive been using the freebie android & PC RaceChrono, didnt expect much but its great,
lots of info to play with when I transfer it to PC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.