Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Gas overflow?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Conundrum 
#1 ·
Likely stupid question #485, but out of interest does anyone know where the gas tank overflow actually goes? I'm assuming it's one of the hoses/tubes down near the kickstand/breather hose/tube, but I'm not sure.

Reason for asking is when I store the bike (possibly this weekend) I want to fill the tank to the brim, but also don't want gas 'leaking' over any part of the bike. If a bit comes out a hose near the ground (few drops), then it's of no real concern to me.

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
Not 100% sure, but that's where it was on my Ninja250R, right next to the coolant overflow tube. I haven't really checked my CBR, but it's probably in the same place.
Don't forget that gasoline expands and contracts inside the tank depending on the ambient temperature. If you fill it up too much and it gets warm outside you could have a mess. That's why Honda recommends only filling it to the bottom of the cage inside the cap and not all the way up.

#4 ·
cool -- makes sense and is what I thought. For the record, I typically never overfill, but given winter is fast approaching (and every tank might be the last), I'd rather have a tiny bit drip than leave an air gap and get rust in my tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.