Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Arrow exhaust

16K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  ltoynbee 
#1 ·
Finally decided to get an aftermarket exhaust. I wanted to gain power but not a lot of noise, so I decided on the arrow system with the optional header.

Anybody have one of these and can offer some feedback on them?

#7 ·
527$ with header (in black aluminum with steel end cap) from Motostarz.com

Got this one because it meets EU sound regulations. From what I have read it has about the same noise level as the stock exhaust, but gains a few more horses, weighs less, and looks better. I was going to get the Leo Vince SBK LV One, because its pretty quite too, but thought the arrow looked better.

Hopefully should be here this weekend.

#9 · (Edited)
Got the full Arrow exhaust installed today, sorry too late for pics. I will post some tomorrow.

The exhaust (with the silencer installed) is as I have heard only about 10dBA louder than stock, but with a much deeper grunt to it. It sounds so much better, but not too loud. I can hear it a little more in city driving, I don't think it will be much different on the highway, I will find out it a few days.

However, now it really is trying to shut off while blipping the throttle, more so than with the stock exhaust. Anybody know why?

Im thinking that a Bazzaz will solve this problem and give me more power.

#16 ·
Had a nice highway ride with the new exhaust. I cant hear an increase in noise level from the exhaust on the highway, only below 60mph can I hear the increase in noise.

Great exhaust, sounds good, looks good, and gives a little bit more power.

Plan on posting a pic tomorrow, after I clean the tree sap off the bike.

#17 ·
thanks for feedback,, how does it sound to you at a ride-by?
also, is a 'db killer' fitted,, if so, what difference..

for me considered verbal descriptions are as important
as are videos on utube, which are helpful guides but
can also be misleading as to true tones/noise etc..

#23 ·
I know that this is an extremely old thread but I have recently ordered this exhaust (slip-on only), because I already have a Bike Master air filter installed and wanted to hold off on new fuel/ignition management. I figured if I want to see more power in the near future I would order the header pipe and a Jett Tuning chip and get it Dynoed. Am I crazy or stupid for going this route? I heard that with a slip-on and an air filter, it may be necessary to get a Bazzaz or Jett chip. Is this true? I guess I'll find out after I put on the new muffler and mid-pipe but wanted feedback. My power hungry buddy says I'm an idiot for not getting a full exhaust...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#24 ·
I just recently got the Arrow slip on as well, stock air filter and do not have a fuel controller yet. I'm still up in the air whether or not I will be getting one at some point... It runs fine, but I haven't noticed any power increase or decrease. I run it without the baffle. Sounded decent with it in but for me, without the baffle gives it a perfect note that's not overly loud when I don't want it to be.

I've only noticed backfiring upon deceleration and when it's cold starting, the bike usually tries to idle to 4k RPM. A slight twist of the throttle brings it back to 2k, then 1.5k. I have not plugged the PAIR valve.

I'd love to see what the header and a PCV, perhaps dyno tune would do for the bike. My living situation will be changing soon and I may not be keeping it long enough to do more mods :(

#28 ·
Just spoke with the retailer (motostars.ca) to figure out what was up with my order because they said it would be delayed but still charged my CC even though it hasn't yet shipped. Found out that the delay that they told me of last week was incorrect. They said I'd have it by the end of the week but apparently, THEY will have it by the end of the week and I won't get it until next week sometime. I just want my Arrow slip-on so I can figure out what else I need to order. Whatever it may be, it won't be ordered from them. First and last time they take my monies. So angry.

#29 ·
I thought I read elsewhere in the "Problems and Issues" section that another person had the idling issue as well, although it was less often. I'll definitely have to give the PAIR valve plug a try. The popping I'm somewhat okay with, although from what I've read it wears on the packing faster and may not be the best for the motor. The cold start idling is more my concern. Just a matter of getting a day off work to do it...

My Arrow had to be shipped directly from Arrow in Italy to Arrow USA (Based in Las Vegas), then was shipped directly to me. The wait is so worth it though, I love mine. I'd only heard a Yoshi in person on two occasions, the first, I believe was in desperate need of a repack. The second wasn't under load and seemed a little too loud for my taste. Just had YouTube videos to go off of so I was pretty nervous to hear it!

I found out today that I may be staying in my current home so we'll see. Wont give my hopes up but will probably make a thread (Not sure if it would be off-topic or General Discussion??) going into some detail and asking for opinions.

Good luck with Motostars, Itoynbee. The wait will definitely be worth it!

#30 ·
That's awesome about getting to keep things the same and do some more tuning. After my last post, they called me again to say that it would be two weeks later than they already said. Because apparently Arrow didn't get their email. So I told them to cancel my order and give me my money back (mostly out of principal). At that point, I did some soul-searching... Should I just go all out and get a full yoshi or two bros with fuel management? Do I still plan on upgrading to a bigger bike before long? Would I really enjoy the 250 much more with these parts? If so, for how long? Especially when I'm already thinking about upgrading...

So, when I had my CBR in for its first service check (I had already done the oil change myself), I thought I'd enquirer about trade-in value as I've always been partial to cruisers but didn't want to learn on one... and they had a sweet Shadow Phantom 750 on the floor for $8300. They told me they could (at most) give me $1900 for my bike and that I might be able to get $2500 or more on craigslist/kijiji. So, out of curiosity, I wandered to the Yamaha dealer next door to check out the way nicer and slightly more expensive Bolt 950...

Well, they had a used one (1000km on odo) for the same price as the new Shadow next door, and the salesman said he could give me $3000 for my 250. So, in summation, this is my farewell to the CBR250 forum. Not that I didn't absolutely love my CBR or think it was any less than a great bike, I've just always wanted to own a big(ger) cruiser once I knew how to ride. It was just a great deal and I knew that if I waited/put more money into the CBR, I would only get less out of it. Thanks to everyone for their help during my brief yet cheerful relationship with the CBR250R. You'll be able to find me in one Bolt forum or another as I just took ownership today and have been too busy enjoying a 950cc v-twin to join a new forum. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.