Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Jacket and exhaust

5K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  MikedOut 
#1 ·
Hey guys im looking at buying my first riding jacket, i live in tropical north queensland australia and its a very humid enviroment , i would be interested to here decent brands you guys have come across and some sites maybe ,

also im wanting to replace my stock exhaust, ive been on ebay and have come across a Screaming Demon exhaust which i sort of like . ive also come across the K4 street slayer short black exhaust aswell . have you guys come across these , any recommomdations. Im chasing the darker colour exhaust as im going for an all black bike.

anyways good to read everything you guys put up

Thanks Mat

#2 ·
I wear an Icon Contra Hi-viz Mil-spec. I think its the best combination of high visibility, function, safety and style. It comes with removable liner, removable pads.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: Wattohh
#3 · (Edited)
I've got a screaming demon IXIL, not too loud but loud enough to get noticed, nor does the complete system throw an engine check light.

Jackets are personal choice, you'd be better off heading into a shop and trying a few on. I like Dri-rider gear as it breathes.

But you'll find all the info and more already talked about on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#8 ·
+1 on the Icon Contra Mil-Spec. The wind really blows right through it so not a cold climate jacket, but I'm in California so those days are few. Still, the high viz was the deciding factor for me and catch drivers doing double takes. Exhaust still is stock and no plans yet for that.

#9 ·
thansk guys , i definately am going to look into the Icon contra, where i live it only gets to 23 degrees at night so i think it could be the way to go , i jsut have to find a dealer here where i live to try one on.

im thinking of going with a Yoshimuro exhuast

#10 · (Edited)
Reactions: Wattohh
#12 ·
I live in Brisbane, and while it isn't as hot here as it is where you are, I find even meshy textile jackets are just too hot. I'd recommend a Motorcross jacket, the mesh ones with the plates of armour. Bikebiz stocks quite a few different jackets.

Apparel - More DIRT Apparel - Protection - Bikebiz - New & Used Yamaha Kawasaki Aprilia Motorcycles, Motorbike Parts & Accessories
i really wouldn't recommend wearing a motorcross jacket for road riding. The material is not made to withstand a slide on tar. It and you will get ripped to shreds if you go down.

I wear a RST ventilator II Mesh/cordura jacket. It has really good ventilation and CE approved armour in the shoulders, elbows and back. Did i mention it has really good ventilation. It gets really hot here BTW, so that jacket is a god choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.