Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Racing on the 250

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Nikk777 
#1 ·
My buddy (#64) and I (#711) decided to buy CBR 250's this year towards the end of the race season to try out in addition to the 1000's that we already race. It's been a blast! I've searched this site extensively so I thought I would in turn share a bit of some onboard footage at the track. Enjoy...(note they are both primered grey still for easier identification)

This is onboard with me at the WERA Grand National Finals last race of the year at Barber Motorsports.
Wera GNF Barber 2012 Fri ESS Race - YouTube

Here's a practice session with me following my buddy...
Wera GNF Barber 2012 Sun LW Prac - YouTube

And another practice session that grouped experts and novices which was a cluster #$%^... 30 passes back and forth in 1.5 laps before the red flag!
Wera GNF Barber 2012 Sat LW Prac Red Flag - YouTube

Here are some pictures from that weekend.

Here's my buddy and I playing in practice...

This is a video from another buddy's bike(he's on a vtr250) at Talladega Gran Prix. I'm right in front of him to the left. My buddy on the other cbr250 is right beside him. Best part for me was at 2:02...

Here's a video from another guys bike during practice. At ~2:55 you'll notice a puff of dirt off the right of the turn. That was me running off track, never letting off the gas and then reentering without giving up any positions...I love the lil bike!

Pictures from same weekend...

Here's a video from the same buddy on the vtr250...but I crash on the first lap so... I'm directly to his left at the start.

And a lil of the big bike action...

See less See more
4 11
#3 ·
very cool, great pictures, thanks!
I had to laugh at that wipe out because that was a pretty yahoo move on the inside, over the bump and paint, and directly over to the dirt.. That second guy, he flipped off that bike pretty good- too much activity for these old bones! ;)

#6 ·
Yeah...the bike bottomed out and hit the peg levering the rear off the ground. I was actually going slower than i had normally took that turn in practice so I was really bummed about the crash. I got a new shock after that! The other guy target fixated on me and then ran over my arm in the gravel. I actually never touched him...just provided the distraction. We all walked away so that was good. I along with the guys on the ninjas were amazed at how much faster the honda was through the corners! The back straight was a totally different story. It was a big track and I actually would have had a shot at winning which made it suck even worse!

#11 ·
There is a large group that races 250's in TX with some other org...cmra or something. Can't think of it of hand but they run sprints and endurance on the lil bikes. But TX is so big, it might still not be anywhere close to ya...

You are a big boy Nikk and work that lil 250 hard.
with our lil cbr being so ******************** breathless there is no option but to belt it into corners so fast , if ya lose 1mph on the way in in equals 10mph lost on the way out.

Love it! :)
Yep, kinda like a fat guy in a lil coat... I sometimes feel like a monkey humping a football but it's a still a blast. I'm 6'1", 235lbs without gear so trusting those lil bitty tires to hold my big butt up was the biggest challenge starting out. And I absolutely have to roll through the corner as fast as possible because there is no acceleration really...it just kinda gathers momentum....slowly. :D I've looked at my gps data and my corner speed is a much or more on the lil bike as it is on my 1000!
Are you running those Leo Vince GP Corsa with DB killer or not?
Yes and no. GP Corsa SS but no DB killer. I'm on the track so loud doesn't matter except to allow more HP... I don't think I could handle riding it without the DB killer though on the street to be honest. Great lil exhaust. One tuner told me he got the most HP from the Leo but because of sponsorship had to run another.
Very cool, you had my vote watching the first vid... C'mon git em! GET EM @ 14.30 mins in.

Great share.
Thank you sir! I tried! You sometimes feel like the lil engine that could with the way it gains speed so slowly... A huge departure from the big bikes! But the corners are where all the fun is anyways!!!

#8 ·
You are a big boy Nikk and work that lil 250 hard.
with our lil cbr being so ******************** breathless there is no option but to belt it into corners so fast , if ya lose 1mph on the way in in equals 10mph lost on the way out.

Love it! :)

#14 ·
Sweet pics and videos! I'm thinking about some track time myself but I've only been to Jennings when it comes to riding. I watched a race at Barber last year and mostly do kart track stuff but I would like to check out some new romping grounds.

Do you have any performance mods? I am interested in a CBR for the cost and comfort mostly. If any mods, I would do suspension and maybe eventually an exhaust/programmer. I'm curious how the bike is stock in the track environment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.