Bike Lighting - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #1

Garage
Question Bike Lighting

Has anyone planned on adding some extra lighting to their bike. i've noticed from the side it isnt too noticeable other than the reflectors. even with the blinkers on.

i was thinking about running some led strips along the back seat as some running lights or some blinkers. maybe even some in the front. Has anyone used any led strips. ive personally never used em before. but they are cheap and i figured that would help stand out a little @ night.also would you think they look "tacky".

I found these on ebay as an example

The connection on the end might look a little odd. if anyone has used these before. could ya let me know if they looked right

Thought about putting some around the circled area in the pictures. & maybe a blinker on the mirror.

Thanks in Advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bike Lights.jpg (119.8 KB, 383 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #2

Garage

Kind of like this idea

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #3

I think it's a great idea! That would look sharp. Reminds me of the LED lights found on vehs like the Audi Q5 etc on the front, especially if placed on the front of the bike. Love to see what it looks like if u go ahead with it.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #4

Reflective lighting, yes; I'm gonna install rim reflectors. They really make the silhouette of the bike scream 'motorcycle ahead' at intersections etc..
Unobtrusive during day, important safety feature at night.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #5

look here for some really good lighting ideas..BikeVis | Unique lighting products for your Motorcycle
Old 07-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #6

Garage

Got bored so i kind of did a layout of my idea for the lighting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5Bike Side.jpg (243.3 KB, 372 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of 5Bike Side.jpg (249.1 KB, 333 views)
File Type: jpg Front.jpg (33.5 KB, 467 views)
Old 07-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #7

Wow I really love the idea for the turn signal... I will be working on this the next weekend that I have free time. I also noticed at night I am not very visible at all... It does have a bright headlight but the taillight/reflectors do not do enough justice. Will post pictures on the lighting as I go. Also HIDs helped alot to make me more "noticeable".
Old 07-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #8

Really hoping for a Halo Kit or the Audi-esque setup for the CBR soon. Keeping my fingers crossed. Still up in the air about tail light though. Not really feeling popping leds all over the bike. Gonna try to go for a creeper attention grabber, instead of screaming "Here I am". I'm not necessarily into the lighting for all the safety reasons though :-D
Old 07-29-2011, 11:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by confedrbl View Post
Got bored so i kind of did a layout of my idea for the lighting
I love those ideas, let us know if it ever comes to fruit, Id love to see real pics(maybe even buy one off you)
Old 08-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #10

I am ordering the LED accent lighting strips to do the turn signals. I will be ordering from LED Lights & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS I've called them and gave me a bit more detailed specs.. I'm working on measurements and I will keep you guys posted as to how it goes.. I hope it works out well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement