Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Windscreen Blackout

7K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Dinger250R 
#1 · (Edited)
Decided to blackout my windscreen. I never tuck so tight that i look through it (ouch, neck cramp) so I blacked it out 100%. Makes the tach and speedo look better in the daytime in my opinion. Also Installed a new Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H4 headlight bulb while I had it all apart.

See less See more
Reactions: shisoshin
#5 ·
Nice job Mongoose. I'm seriously thinking of blackening my stock screen as well. Hopeing it will be less expensive than purchasing a new one. I have never done this before and I know it can be tricky. What tips can you give me with this DIY tinting task??? :confused::D Thanks in advance.

#6 ·
remove the windscreen (that was the hardest part)
wet sand the back side of the screen with 1000 grit
wash screen with dish soap, rinse and let dry
i used krylon fusion gloss black, about 5 light coats on the back side (80+ degree day with no wind is best unless you got a shop)
be careful not to spray the front, i kept a wet rag nearby just in case
follow with krylon fusion clear about 5 min after your last color coat... apply 3-4 light coats
let dry for 1 week
reassemble

Reactions: Born2Run
#7 ·
Great job Mongoose!

If I used lots of tarps and tape, would it be possible to do this without wind screen removal?

I remember the Plasti-Dip guy did it this way. Anyone else? What's your experience with Plasti-Dip overall? I never heard of this product until this forum. I like the look of a blacked out screen but am not sure if I want to go through the wind screen removal hassle.

Also, on another note, I have a general question about the Plasti-Dip guy. I have read many threads on this forum and have concluded that 1. He used to be a member and 2. He was banned.

I have watched most of his You Tube videos (Cycle Cruuuuuuza :0)) and IMO they are great- very informative and well done. What did he do to get the boot?

I don't want to stir up anything, I really am curious.

#11 ·
... Also, on another note, I have a general question about the Plasti-Dip guy. I have read many threads on this forum and have concluded that 1. He used to be a member and 2. He was banned.

I have watched most of his You Tube videos (Cycle Cruuuuuuza :0)) and IMO they are great- very informative and well done. What did he do to get the boot?

I don't want to stir up anything, I really am curious.
DudeMan was banned because he made threats towards a few members here, including myself. Did you happen to notice that in many of those threads, a lot of his posts were deleted by the Moderators? After he was shown the door here, he joined CBR600rr.net and was soon banned there for basically the same kind of crap.

I've seen quite a few of his videos, and IMO the majority of them are garbage... he's a noob with a big ego talking out of his ass, who thinks he knows a lot about motorcycles. He doesn't. What he does have is a bunch of ignorant noobs as followers who seem to be addicted to his weak koolaid.

#9 ·
LOL! I have gotten that impression!
I have been reading this forum for about eight months and have held off asking about him until now.

"The DUDE"
I love it! And the mystery builds...

So, Plasti-Dip or spray on window tinted for the screen?

#13 ·
Okay, that clears it up. I did notice the deleted posts and now I know why.

His videos have a folksy quality to them- the way he talks or something. And he seems to be very safety conscious. If noobs, which I am in some ways (haven't had a bike in seven years), note the fact that he promotes wearing gear, not getting a bigger bike until you are ready, etc., etc., then maybe he has done some good.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I'm glad this board doesn't tolerate abusive behavior from its members! Too rarely do I think about the diligent work the moderators do to keep this, and other public forums, a friendly place.

Thanks MotoMike and the other moderators! I love this board :0)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.