Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

LED Lights

6K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  atakacs 
#1 ·
So id like to add some LED lighting to my bike for increased visability, but there are TONS of kits online, and im lost.

I want to have red strips in the back and maybe white one along the bottom of the bike and 2 in the front.

Any suggestions on good companies to look at and what type of kit i would need?

Also if anyone has added lights to their bike can they post some pics with info on what they bought?

Thanks

#2 ·
You'd have to check out your local state laws + regulations regarding what kinds of lights you can display where.

The colours you picked *should* be ok, I guess it comes down to how "dazzling" they would be. Where I live, there is a law stating that your lighting cannot "dazzle other motorists". lol

#5 ·
Ive purchased some LED kit at cyclegear.com but the problem is that ive never done any wiring or have ever disassembled anything for my bike before. Is there any tutorials on how to safely and correctly remove the fairings of the bike? Ive taken bodys of cars before jsut never a bike and i know that just ONE missing screw can make a huge problem.

#6 ·
The fairing is surprisingly easy to remove from the CBR, you could have a look on youtube for some tutorials - there's plenty. The main things you'll want to take note of are the fact that despite having to only use one hex wrench (or allen key) there are two types of hex screws, so don't forget which ones go where. There's 3 clip on parts for the largest side fairing that run along the top, the first time you take it off you may have to use a bit of extra force, but they're pretty easy to remove.

There are 3 hex screws on each corner of the triangle shaped side fairing, one under the headlight, the visible one at the rear-most corner (between seat and pegs), and the one on the lowest point on the inside of the fairing - be careful with this one if you've just turned off your bike, the exhaust is right there and you don't want to burn your hands. I'd post pictures but I'm lazy :)

#7 · (Edited)
BUMP!

Just for anyone looking to install a Light kit, I just bought the Fusion Motorcycle LED system. It was about 150 USD.

My review took about 45 mins to install, all the leds are plug and play very simple and the 3M tape is super sticky! Just make sure to put it on a clean surface. The only wiring i had to do was hook it up to the battery and yes there is a Fuse and yes it does comes with 2 fuses.
It comes with 4 long LED strips and 2 short Led strips and a remote key chain for easy operation. You can change the colors with the remote and also can change if you want it flashing, steady, fading, etc.. The remote works up to 30-35 ft away with a clear path to the bike.

Im happy with the purchase they make the bike really stand out and is really eye catching hopefully not to eye catching that cagers run me off the road looking at them lol. I will post pictures later have to wait til it starts to get dark for the lights to really pop!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.