Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Pictures of CBR250r w/ 500r exhausts

7K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  CBR-250-R 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought I would post a couple pictures of my wife`s tri-colored and my white cbr with the cbr500r exhaust.

I am considering painting wheels and some aluminum parts semi-gloss black.

you should have seen the white bike when we bought it, previous owners had laid it down and repainted it pink and baby blue with spray bombs with hello kitty decal on windshield..looked nasty. I took it to work, had my 75yo father tape it up and sand paint work, I painted and cleared it over lunch and rode it home that afternoon, it is not perfect but looks good enough

** added pictures of the bike with the rear handles removed, took me about 2hrs, did it all with hand tools, hacksaw, hand grinder, little finishing putty and paint. I want to paint them white, just did not take the time today to do it. I want to paint the lower fairings white on my bike, just to see how it looks
not sure why the pictures were rotated when I uploaded them..sorry

*** ok...just added a picture of the lower cowl painted white, did it quick with a vinyl spray paint, I wanted to see what it was going to look like without spending a bunch of time on it...it will wipe right off with lacquer thinner. I am going to redo it tomorrow with correct adhesion promoters and base/clear.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I am cheap... and was afraid of those aftermarket exhausts being to loud, they do look better than the 500r...

on another note, I am going to modify the rear grab handles tomorrow, I have an extra set I am going to cut up and blend into the body..see how that goes

I am slowly making the bike lighter, I used to race sprintcars and weight was critical....so I still have that mindset, plus I have fun doing it. I bought a spare rear wheel that I am going to look at lightening it up...before the nannies start saying stupid idea, I grew up working on milling machines and working with aluminum so I have a pretty good idea where you can safely remove weight, never had a part I lightened break in race car

#5 ·
I have already yanked a brand new FMF off my bike to put the stock back on (I had to force myself to continue walking across the garage with that anvil...) just because I really don't like to draw attention to myself by noise. I don't like other's loud motorcycles (and cars, and trucks, etc), so I feel a bit of a hypocrite having one on my bike.

OTOH, I am going to go see the Honda dealer about that last Repsol for sale. But I don't mind drawing visual attention! :D

Either way, it will be a CBR500 exhaust when I am done. Most likely painted black. Wait and see on that. I really don't care for chrome.

I'm just trying to make up for the weight I added with the Givi hard bags and mounts. If I do switch bikes, I'm going to weigh all that stuff. Can't live w/o my saddlebags. I'm still an old airhead, at heart!

#6 ·
The 500 exhaust is a stainless steel finish, not really chrome looking so if you wanted you could go over it with a coarse steel wool to give it a brushed stainless look,

I thought about cutting outside skin off except for about 1/2" on either end and wrapping with a carbon fibre or aluminum sheet...but again I am a little to lazy for that

I use a tank bag and the tail bag that folds up flat, you can see it in pictures

#20 ·
It's alright if you leave the baffle in, but I like loud so I took it out of mine :). Yeah the rear seat is from China, will get the real honda one in time as it's useless if you want to use the under seat space as to lock it down you have to be quite heavy handed to get it to lock :p. I just like the single seater rider look as you can see I have took th rear foot pegs off. I'm just waiting for my black front screen also from China so will most likely not fit :-/

#21 ·
Mine has a Musarri exhaust on it. Was shipped from Perth for around $180 I think it was. Sounded nice, almost like a 2-stroke. :)

#23 ·
@mwlehman, beautifully kempt. 500 exhausts are a direct swap? Does it weigh more than the stock or below? A video of the sound would be so great. Sorry for the back to back questions.

@CBR ELL, thumbs up! Beautifully kempt!

Cheers!
V
thank you! You need an adapter pipe to go from stock 250 header to 500r exhaust, I bought one at local autoparts store for $3.00. They weight a lot less than stock pipe, I would have to guess 1/3rd the weight or less

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.