Question about throttle tube upgrade - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-06-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Question about throttle tube upgrade

I'm looking into changing my throttle tube to a quick turn kind.

I've sen comments about G2 throttle tubes, but they are kind of expensive at about $60.

I'm interested in learning more about getting the R6 stock throttle tube, as they are usually available for about $10.

When getting the R6 throttle tube, what year throttle tube should I get? Late model one works, or does it have to be a certain vintage.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-06-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoR View Post
I'm looking into changing my throttle tube to a quick turn kind.

I've sen comments about G2 throttle tubes, but they are kind of expensive at about $60.

I'm interested in learning more about getting the R6 stock throttle tube, as they are usually available for about $10.

When getting the R6 throttle tube, what year throttle tube should I get? Late model one works, or does it have to be a certain vintage.

Thanks
Can't tell you for sure, but they are different. Some are 1/4-turn while others are less - like 1/5-turn.

This one may be the right one, but I can't guarantee it - https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-2C0262.../dp/B005C59NO2

MotionPro makes one as well.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-09-2017, 03:25 PM

Garage
A cheap solution is to use a zip tie to make the cam on the tube larger. Im looking to do this in the summer.

Quick-turn throttle compatibility

2012 CBR250R Black
Mods:
Racetech springs and emulators, Yamaha R6 shock, Yoshi Rearset Risers, Babyface GP Shift adapter, EBC HH Sintered Front Brake Pads, CBR600RR pegs, Mirror delete with CBR600RR block offs, Ebay Bar-end mirror, Red LED dash, The2Wheels levers, Homemade Fender Eliminator, LED Blinkers, Tank pads and grips, CBR300R seat, Spider Peak red Grips, Vortex Clip ons
Soon to be mods:
Slip on exhaust, Tyga exhaust hanger, PCV, Matte Black rims, Spiegler Steel Braided Brakes Lines,

post #4 of 10 Old 03-10-2017, 11:37 AM

Garage
I'm using this one on my bike: Yamaha R6 Motion Pro 01-0094 (around $10 @ Ebay) It's used is several R6 models/years

No modifications, uninstall the original tube, remove the cap at the end on the new one, put everything together and adjust the cables' free play. You will love it.

Note: you may need to "shim" the new throttle tube to work with your current throttle grip. Just use some electrical tape, that will do the job for you. I always add a couple of racing wire loops to be extra safe * tie-wraps work too*.

Pura Vida!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-10-2017, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilop View Post
I'm using this one on my bike: Yamaha R6 Motion Pro 01-0094 (around $10 @ Ebay) It's used is several R6 models/years

No modifications, uninstall the original tube, remove the cap at the end on the new one, put everything together and adjust the cables' free play. You will love it.

Note: you may need to "shim" the new throttle tube to work with your current throttle grip. Just use some electrical tape, that will do the job for you. I always add a couple of racing wire loops to be extra safe * tie-wraps work too*.
Thanks for the info on the Motion Pro Part#. Just ordered one for just under $10!
post #6 of 10 Old 03-14-2017, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Just wanted to report back that the swap to an R6 throttle tube went smoothly and easier than expected.

I used the Motion Pro 01-0094 throttle tube as suggested. It was a direct swap. No mods other than the throttle tube itself was necessary.

The cams on the new throttle tube is noticeably bigger than the original. Can't wait to test it out.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-14-2017, 01:57 PM

Cool. Let us know what you think of it.

What is the rotation (1/4, 1/5, etc) of the new one?
post #8 of 10 Old 03-14-2017, 05:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoR View Post
Just wanted to report back that the swap to an R6 throttle tube went smoothly and easier than expected.

I used the Motion Pro 01-0094 throttle tube as suggested. It was a direct swap. No mods other than the throttle tube itself was necessary.

The cams on the new throttle tube is noticeably bigger than the original. Can't wait to test it out.
Awesome, Enjoy!

Pura Vida!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-14-2017, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv357 View Post
Cool. Let us know what you think of it.

What is the rotation (1/4, 1/5, etc) of the new one?
The rotation is just around 1/4, if not a bit shorter.

Love the fact that full throttle is easier to obtain.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheoR For This Useful Post:
jkv357 (03-15-2017)
post #10 of 10 Old 03-14-2017, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilop View Post
Awesome, Enjoy!
Appreciate the heads up about the Motion Pro part#!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page