underglow for the cbr - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #11

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewiCBR250R View Post
that's intersting, what colour where they and where were they located? if they were bright and people outside the car could see them aand they were blue i would probably agree, otherwise what law says you can't have them in your car?

but to the original question, try ledglow.com
They were pink, totally under the car so there was just a pink glow( awesome for fog use ) the law is" the use of Un authorized lamps.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #12

I am doing RGB strips on mine so I can choose the color.

Ill use white at night and red when I am off public roads.

Ill get pictures of it on my progress thread when I get it wired up.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeboo View Post
They were pink, totally under the car so there was just a pink glow( awesome for fog use ) the law is" the use of Un authorized lamps.
Yeah, I didnt think it was legally cool - I overheard a sales guy in AutoBarn telling a youngster that "...You have to have them switchable as they are illegal when driving. You can only turn them on when parked". Kid looked bummed that his Falcon wouldn't look sick .

Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to CBR_Dave For This Useful Post:
lewiCBR250R (01-29-2013)
Old 10-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeboo View Post
the law is" the use of Un authorized lamps.
Yep, they aint stupid: the law works with blanket statements with *exceptions* defined as required. Exceptions are easy to define on the fly. It would be impossible to *list* all the cases which were not legal up front, and there would be a daily update to the law required when people found an exception that wasn't defined.

Technically LED's are illegal even for bicycles: the law refers to "incandescent" lamps being acceptable. This means they need a filament, and LED's do not. So on several fronts they got ya ROFLOL.

Dave
Old 10-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #15

In MS they are illegal when moving. However legal when parked in any color. It's not a factory light is what makes them illegal not just color.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Old 11-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #16

$300 at a shop that does car audio & window tinting. 4 bright LEDs. U could do it yourself for much less.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Riding gear: Icon Contra Mil-Spec Hi-Viz & HJC CL-16 helmet

Planned: Demon/Angel Eye 50-55W HID projector.

My MPG via fuelly:
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/154828.png
Old 01-29-2013, 05:02 AM   #17

Re-awakening this thread.

Yes, they are illegal if you're using them whilst riding. But parked, they can't do you in. I fitted mine with a switch so they stay off 99% of the time, and then I turn them on to show mates.

The initial use was to create an extra set of indicators, like what this guy did:
Side indicator tutorial

However, after simplifying what I wanted to do, I ended up using the rest of the LEDs as an underglow like the following picture illustrates. I've spent a little under $200 for the LEDs, wiring, heat shrink, bullet connectors, cable ties, solder, and a soldering gun. The time spent with my bike was just a bonus

My bike kind of has a "bloodied zebra" colour theme, so not sure if I want to make those LEDs go red using heat shrink (used yellow for the indicators, worked fine).
From here:
If it was up to me, every motorcyclist that ends up donating his organs though no fault of his own should be matched by the enforced confiscation of the organs of the idiot that ran him over.

65.8 MPG!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jubis For This Useful Post:
lewiCBR250R (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #18

Default Re: underglow for the cbr

Mine double as turn signals, no trouble yet.

With safe regards from the mostly frozen north.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1359484389492.jpg (128.0 KB, 67 views)
Old 02-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkKnight78 View Post
Mine double as turn signals, no trouble yet.

With safe regards from the mostly frozen north.
Oh wow, I just noticed yours don't "double" as turn signals, they are your only rear turn signals

As someone who has used flush mounts before, your turning visibility has gone down several notches. Mind you mine were on the front, but the rear turn signals are imo probably more important so the cagers behind you know you're planning on turning soon-ish, or overtaking them to get into their lane.

I've decided to stick with white for mine, and will spent the next couple of hours re-wiring the lot and putting everything together properly. Pics soon.
From here:
If it was up to me, every motorcyclist that ends up donating his organs though no fault of his own should be matched by the enforced confiscation of the organs of the idiot that ran him over.

65.8 MPG!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:36 AM   #20

Default Re: underglow for the cbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubis View Post
Oh wow, I just noticed yours don't "double" as turn signals, they are your only rear turn signals
Not true, the integrated taillight has turn signals in it so I have two turn signals for the back. Here is a pic when they are flashing.
uploadfromtaptalk1360910101027.jpg

As bright as they are believe me they get your attention. My brother has driven behind me and was pretty amazed how visible they are.

Sent from my Milestone X using Motorcycle.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement