Fork adjusters - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #21

about to look at that. but products are a waste if i dont know what im doing on an install. i read your other thread and im completely lost lol.

Stock Black Honda Cbr250r
- 100/55 headlight

Last edited by Glitch; 11-06-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #22

FRONT FORK SPRINGS
Recommended Fork Spring Rate: 0.782 kg/mm (use closest available)
Stock Fork Spring Rate: .490 kg/mm(stock)

so i should have almost double the front rate than stock provides? hence the "squishy"?

- 100/55 headlight
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #23

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,200 Posts

With respect, you are new rider, I doubt you are pushing the cbr to levels where you need special damping valves and fork springs.

Just set the sag first, and change the fork oil while you are at it.

I'd look at body position, cornering, and Braking technique long before getting the wallet out.
The cbr has very forgiving suspension for good reason.
You will get smoother at riding.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aufitt For This Useful Post:
Empty Sea (11-07-2012), Glitch (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 02:25 AM   #24
Super Moderator

if you are interested in setting up the sag on your forks, i can explain it to you and get you a ballpark number on preload spacer length tomorrow if you want. It sounds hard but is quite easy really. if you don't want to change the oil you can pretty much do all the work in about 30 minutes. by the way, you were right to think things would shoot out at you. the fork bolts are under spring pressure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jme250RA For This Useful Post:
Aufitt (11-07-2012), Glitch (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #25

I'd like to thank Jme for the help he gave me.

set my front sag 7mm up (to 35mm from memory) but my bike handles so sweet even on std fork springs and the stock dam water in the forks.

*I set the rear to position 4 @ 25mm sag, this has settled at 28mm last time I measured.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
I'd like to thank Jme for the help he gave me.

set my front sag 7mm up (to 35mm from memory) but my bike handles so sweet even on std fork springs and the stock dam water in the forks.

*I set the rear to position 4 @ 25mm sag, this has settled at 28mm last time I measured.
Aufitt, if you don't mind, how much do you weigh for that rear set at 4? Im about 70kg in my gear.

Also, to up the front did you just use a length of PVC pipe 7mm longer than the stock tube in the forks?

Regards,

Dave
Old 11-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #27

Default Preload = Ride height adjuster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_Dave View Post
Aufitt, if you don't mind, how much do you weigh for that rear set at 4? Im about 70kg in my gear.

Dave
You are best measuring it on your own bike.
(but Ive dropped from 79kg to 72kg.)
measure at std pos 2 before you start (follow youtube gudes)
measure at 3 & then 4, its not linear.
30-35mm is good for the road but I run 25-28mm now.

Quote:

Also, to up the front did you just use a length of PVC pipe 7mm longer than the stock tube in the forks?

Regards,

Dave
Like the rear its not linear as to how much it raises as the sping is compressed.
and needs to be measured and checked on your own bike with you on it.

Last edited by Aufitt; 11-07-2012 at 07:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aufitt For This Useful Post:
Glitch (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #28

Ill look this up on youtube tonight. I dont have a rack or anything to lift the bike with but maybe i can just try to understand the process.

- 100/55 headlight
Old 11-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #29
Super Moderator

Quote:

Regards,

Dave
The stock fork springs sag more under just the bike weight than they should with the rider on. That being said you will have to add more like 1"+ to the length of the stock spacer. I don't have any info in front of me but will look into it when I get home.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jme250RA For This Useful Post:
CBR_Dave (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
Like the rear its not linear as to how much it raises as the sping is compressed.
and needs to be measured and checked on your own bike with you on it.
I get it :-) I just meant in principle. Say I wanted 7mm less sag, then in principle do I just need to add a PVC pipe ~7mm longer than the stock spacer? I realise it's not linear so it might be slightly "out", but as a starting point I mean.

Another way to ask is: how long are your spacers compared to the stock spacers :-)

Dave

Last edited by CBR_Dave; 11-07-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement