Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Synistah's 2012 CBR250R Mod Thread!

6K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Synistah 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

So about me; I'm 23 years old, I live in the Western Suburbs of Sydney and have owned my CBR250 for roughly 6 months now and have at this point in time racked up roughly 10,000kms.

I am in the process of modifying my bike, I love the look the stock 250s offer however i like have my own personal touches on everything i own.

This thread will be a dedication and journal of my modifications as time goes by. All input and feedback is appreciated both positive and negative after all everyone is entitled to their own opinion and has their own tastes but hopefully i can inspire and bring information to those who seek it.

First major modification: 26/3/2013

Removed all the matte black center fairings, belly protector, rear tire hugger and pillion grips. Took a quick ride down to NA Auto Color in Greenacre and had some Metallic Orange paint made up for me and placed into Rattle Cans, as well as some Plastic Primer, UPOL Clear Coat and UPOL Antistatic Cleaner.

About 12 hours later this was the finished product:

Turned out pretty decent for a home job and no available spray gun. Total cost $75
** Also removed the rim tape as it was ugly and didn't match the bike. **

Upcoming Modifications:

• X-Tech Honda Bar Ends (Orange) (Yet to be fitted)
  • Leo Vince GP Corsa Slip-on Exhaust (Carbon Fiber) (Awaiting Delivery via Motosport.com)
  • Pazzo Adjustable Levers (Black)
  • Tinted Windscreen (Midnight Black)
  • Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Mirrors
  • Complete Fender Eliminator (Replaced by rear wheel plate holder)
  • Powder Coat Front/Rear rims (Black) (Thanks to guys at Powder Perfect)
  • Reflective Honda Racing Rim Tape (White)
  • White Marker Front/Rear tyres Brand Name + Model
  • Tank Pad (Unknown - Suggestions appreciated)
  • Custom skull fuel cap (Being fabricated, sized and shaped by friend of mine)

Thanks for looking, If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please post below!

Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
horn.. installed plug and play fiamm low tone horn
delivered to my door from amazon.com for $17..
sounds 'like a buick', easy install using existing
bracket [twisted and bent in situ], reused
stock spring washer, bent male contacts
of horn upwards for easier fit..

also have yoshi rear set plates [back 45 up 30
option up 45] plus lv evoII carbon slip-on
matching stock all black motorcycle..

in daily riding the pegs are great [for me],
lv slip-on saves 13.8lb[!] looks magic
sounds much better [with db killers in]
but the louder lower horn is the best
as a rider tool, and for safety..
[$17 incl post!]

#10 · (Edited)
Bit of an update.

* Installed Yoshimura TRC Carbon Tip Slip-on exhaust
* Installed X-Tech Orange/Gold Bar Ends (With great difficulty and an axle grinder)
* White marker on tyres

Still actively looking/thinking about getting rims painted Black or Orange but unsure of which and not sure where i can get this done relatively cheap without also having to remove the wheels myself.

#13 ·
The place i originally had planned on purchasing the Leo Vince from actually bungled up my order and told me it was not in stock and i would not recieve it until May 11th.. So i decided to go to my local bike dealer where i bought the CBR250 and they had the Yoshimura available at a very good price so i snatched it up.

I also think the Yoshimura gives it a sportier look and has a nice deep rumble to it considering the bike is still a 250

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.