Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Hello From AZ

3K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  RevIt 
#1 ·
I've been lurking on here for a while looking for helpful posts related to bike maintenance, so I figured it's about time I say hello. I really appreciate those who shared their knowledge on here, as I found the information invaluable when working on my bike. Take care and be safe, everyone!

#10 · (Edited)
Seeing as you brought it up, I find group rides of more than three to usually be something to avoid. I have done a fair amount of trail riding, and the same holds for off road conditions. The Ruby road runs from Arivaca to Rio Rico and is pretty. Most of the turn offs will probably get a tad nasty for a street bike rider, but the basic ride is nice.

I started riding a motorcycle for transportation after graduating HS and moving out back in 1960, when there was no riding instruction available. I would have killed to have had David Hough's books available for me back then.

Utah highways 12 and 150 are wonderful (paved) scenic routes. I rode them going and returning on a trip to Butte/Helena, MT, in the summer of 2015. The pictures below were taken near Bryce Canyon (Highway 12) and the Bald Mountain Pass (Highway 150).

Reactions: RevIt
#11 ·
I absolutely agree, large group rides can be quite dangerous, and especially so when there isn't a good lead rider. It's different when riding with a few people you know and you're looking out for each other while going at a pace that's manageable for the slowest rider. I'll definitely check out the stretch of Ruby Road that you mentioned and will most likely stay with the main road since I'm not a big fan of riding on dirt roads unless I'm on a dual sport. Also, thanks for the book recommendation! I've heard good things about it, and since I'm a voracious reader I'll be sure to pick it up soon.

Definitely! Utah and northern Arizona have some very nice scenic routes with well-paved roads and some nice twisties. Thanks for sharing those awesome pics! I took a trip to Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon, Bryce Canyon, and a few other places north in 2016. The roads were extremely nice to ride on and the scenes were all right there for you to enjoy without having to leave paved roads. Here are a few pictures from my trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.