Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Hello from Indiana

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  1LAryder 
#1 ·
Glad I found this forum, and can't wait to start my mods, and learn about this bike. See there are few plati dip fans, love the stuff. I'm new to motorcycling, just completed my BRC class in October. I purchased a used 2012 CBR250r last Friday 1800 miles.

So when should I winterize my bike? First snow, after the temp drops say below freezing?

Here is the ride

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome. I'm in Chicago (arguably slightly colder than Indy) and I do put some Sta-Bil in the tanks and keep them full, but that's all the "winterizing" I do for my bikes. They are stored in an attached (but not heated) garage. I try to run them once/week and ride them as often as the weather allows. I'm kind of new to this, so maybe someone else can tell me where I'm wrong, but I did this last year without any troubles.

Good luck!

#6 ·
Once the bike is set up for the winter, DO NOT start it! Not unless you plan on putting some miles on the bike that day and re-winterizing when you are done.

When you start the bike in the garage and let it run a short while, all you are doing is creating condensation in your exhaust system that probably won't get expelled, and will cause internal rust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.