Greetings from Texas! - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 11-24-2012, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas250 View Post
Hello from Ft. Worth. I got my red/white/blue 2012 ABS last Friday, and I love it. It's powerful enough, great on gas, looks cool. I had to ride home the 39 miles from the dealer during Dallas Friday rush-hour as my first ride, and thanks to my MSF safety course and full safety gear it wasn't bad at all. Varying speed for breakin like they told me I did anywhere from 0 mph up to an indicated 80mph. Buffeting was less than I expected, plenty of go, but getting my size 11 ham-footed boots under the gear selector took some getting used to, seems a little tight from foot peg to gear shift, especially compared to the MSF Kawasaki 125cc. Took my second ride thanksgiving, rode around the highschool parking lot for about 15-20 min, and then rode down to the lake and then home. Plenty fast enough for the highway, handles very well, sporty lean forward but not bad. I'm 5' 10" 170lbs.
Look into a longer gear selector as an after-market option, I bet you can find one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 11-24-2012, 04:18 PM

Welcome fellow south Texan! Get the bike and all us fellow Texans can plan a hill country ride one sunday!
post #13 of 15 Old 11-24-2012, 04:40 PM

Welcome

You have chosen a fine motorcycle,
but I suggest you rethink the REPSOL insignia.

You may get tired of it, and it would be expensive to modify.

Furthermore, why provide free advertising for a profit-making company,
especially one that does not give you compensation for the work you do.

Of course, it is your ride, and your money. I have ridden your
Hill Country, and I think you will enjoy exploring your fine state.

Keith
post #14 of 15 Old 11-24-2012, 05:43 PM

Thanked 1,529 Times in 784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas250 View Post
Hello from Ft. Worth. I got my red/white/blue 2012 ABS last Friday, and I love it. It's powerful enough, great on gas, looks cool. I had to ride home the 39 miles from the dealer during Dallas Friday rush-hour as my first ride, and thanks to my MSF safety course and full safety gear it wasn't bad at all. Varying speed for breakin like they told me I did anywhere from 0 mph up to an indicated 80mph. Buffeting was less than I expected, plenty of go, but getting my size 11 ham-footed boots under the gear selector took some getting used to, seems a little tight from foot peg to gear shift, especially compared to the MSF Kawasaki 125cc. Took my second ride thanksgiving, rode around the highschool parking lot for about 15-20 min, and then rode down to the lake and then home. Plenty fast enough for the highway, handles very well, sporty lean forward but not bad. I'm 5' 10" 170lbs.
You can adjust the gear lever up a bit, if you want.

He knows not where he's going, for the road it will decide, it's not the destination, but the glory of the ride.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
post #15 of 15 Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for the warm reception!! Indeed when I do get my Black ABS CBR, all us Texans gotta take a ride out to Luckenbach to enjoy these bikes in the hills. First refreshing drink after the ride will be on me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page