Greetings from Texas! - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas250 View Post
Hello from Ft. Worth. I got my red/white/blue 2012 ABS last Friday, and I love it. It's powerful enough, great on gas, looks cool. I had to ride home the 39 miles from the dealer during Dallas Friday rush-hour as my first ride, and thanks to my MSF safety course and full safety gear it wasn't bad at all. Varying speed for breakin like they told me I did anywhere from 0 mph up to an indicated 80mph. Buffeting was less than I expected, plenty of go, but getting my size 11 ham-footed boots under the gear selector took some getting used to, seems a little tight from foot peg to gear shift, especially compared to the MSF Kawasaki 125cc. Took my second ride thanksgiving, rode around the highschool parking lot for about 15-20 min, and then rode down to the lake and then home. Plenty fast enough for the highway, handles very well, sporty lean forward but not bad. I'm 5' 10" 170lbs.
Look into a longer gear selector as an after-market option, I bet you can find one!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #12

Welcome fellow south Texan! Get the bike and all us fellow Texans can plan a hill country ride one sunday!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #13

Default Welcome

You have chosen a fine motorcycle,
but I suggest you rethink the REPSOL insignia.

You may get tired of it, and it would be expensive to modify.

Furthermore, why provide free advertising for a profit-making company,
especially one that does not give you compensation for the work you do.

Of course, it is your ride, and your money. I have ridden your
Hill Country, and I think you will enjoy exploring your fine state.

Keith
Old 11-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #14

Thanked 1,489 Times in 762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas250 View Post
Hello from Ft. Worth. I got my red/white/blue 2012 ABS last Friday, and I love it. It's powerful enough, great on gas, looks cool. I had to ride home the 39 miles from the dealer during Dallas Friday rush-hour as my first ride, and thanks to my MSF safety course and full safety gear it wasn't bad at all. Varying speed for breakin like they told me I did anywhere from 0 mph up to an indicated 80mph. Buffeting was less than I expected, plenty of go, but getting my size 11 ham-footed boots under the gear selector took some getting used to, seems a little tight from foot peg to gear shift, especially compared to the MSF Kawasaki 125cc. Took my second ride thanksgiving, rode around the highschool parking lot for about 15-20 min, and then rode down to the lake and then home. Plenty fast enough for the highway, handles very well, sporty lean forward but not bad. I'm 5' 10" 170lbs.
You can adjust the gear lever up a bit, if you want.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #15

Thank you all for the warm reception!! Indeed when I do get my Black ABS CBR, all us Texans gotta take a ride out to Luckenbach to enjoy these bikes in the hills. First refreshing drink after the ride will be on me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement