Greetings from Texas! - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #1

Default Greetings from Texas!

Hello Everyone, RubenAlonzo here from South Texas and I am looking into buying a new Honda in the next few months, looking really hard at the NC700X but gosh that "REPSOL" 250 looks amazing, so i'm here to learn a bit more about it in order to make a better informed decision.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #2

Garage

Welcome. Search the forum for any topic you have questions on. I guarantee you that you will find a thread about it. For what it's worth, I love my 250r for commuting, touring, and back-roading. Others love it at the track. I think you will like this bike.

Bring us back to where they've led
Listen not to what's been said to you
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #3

Thanked 1,462 Times in 750 Posts

Welcome aboard Matey.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
Old 11-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
sac

welcome
Old 11-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #5

Welcome from San Antonio! I think it's a great commuter/ gas saver/ weekend sport warrior/starter bike. Not an absolute crotch rocket but plenty quick for the highway. Anything more is just overkill.

Riding gear: Icon Contra Mil-Spec Hi-Viz & HJC CL-16 helmet

Planned: Demon/Angel Eye 50-55W HID projector.

My MPG via fuelly:
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/154828.png
Old 11-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #6

I am 42, have been riding motorcycles since I was 13 and was licensed (took the MSF course) at 14. I have had roughly 10 bikes or so over the course of my life and my last one was a 2007 Suzuki M109R 1800cc V-Twin.

I am mainly going to get a new bike for the simple pleasure of riding to and from work as I find riding REALLY is simply the best way to relief stress after a hard days work. I drive a forklift in a warehouse now, and my job is exactly 4.1 miles from where I park at home on the driveway, to my parking spot at work. So it's VERY close, I also plan to take the bike out for some nice highway riding on the weekends every once in a while.

Thank you all for the warm reception and I am really leaning more to the CBR after having done more research on the 300 Ninja (too buzzy for my taste), and the NC700X to be really more than I need. I will pickup a CBR after the new year.

But darn it I really wanted the REPSOL, BUT with no ABS, it will have to be the black one with ABS instead. Either way im looking at well under 5K for a NEW bike, can't beat that with a stick!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #7

Welcome fellow Texasan!
I live in South Florida right now. But good choice going for the CBR. I commute to work and bill paying places here in town. I can count on it starting and getting me to places with no issues! It's a real good reliable motorcycle! You won't go wrong by buying this model from Honda!!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #8

Hello from Ft. Worth. I got my red/white/blue 2012 ABS last Friday, and I love it. It's powerful enough, great on gas, looks cool. I had to ride home the 39 miles from the dealer during Dallas Friday rush-hour as my first ride, and thanks to my MSF safety course and full safety gear it wasn't bad at all. Varying speed for breakin like they told me I did anywhere from 0 mph up to an indicated 80mph. Buffeting was less than I expected, plenty of go, but getting my size 11 ham-footed boots under the gear selector took some getting used to, seems a little tight from foot peg to gear shift, especially compared to the MSF Kawasaki 125cc. Took my second ride thanksgiving, rode around the highschool parking lot for about 15-20 min, and then rode down to the lake and then home. Plenty fast enough for the highway, handles very well, sporty lean forward but not bad. I'm 5' 10" 170lbs.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #9

Hello mister Texan mean you don't want a large bike out there since everything's bigger in Texas? I'll be taking my MSF course soon so this is the bike I'm also looking at after doing countless hours of research I think this'll be the bike for me. Welcome to the forums
Old 11-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlcurt View Post
Hello mister Texan mean you don't want a large bike out there since everything's bigger in Texas? I'll be taking my MSF course soon so this is the bike I'm also looking at after doing countless hours of research I think this'll be the bike for me. Welcome to the forums
Hell man, i'm only 5'6", gotta wear the wife's high-heeled shoes when we argue just so as we can see eye-eye!! No, I don't need a big bike anymore (they don't get much bigger than my old one) and I prefer a good handling bike over one with a lot of engine.

Besides, the CBR250R has been getting rave reviews. Don't get much better than that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement