Hi from Southern Thailand - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #1

Default Hi from Southern Thailand

Warm greetings from Surat Thani, to you all.

I've joined this forum because I have (nearly) decided that a CB250R will be the perfect replacement for my 100cc Honda Wave scooter, which is struggling to manage the 40km each way, journey to my new job.

It started with seeing a s/h one offered in a local dealer, I was immediately, quite struck by the appearance, having previusly, only seen them in motion. This was followed with lots of reading, that leads me to believe it would be perfect for me.

So, I'm now busily saving the baht to get one, before my poor old Wave gives up the ghost. Hoping it shouldn't be too long, like February before I can be a proper member of this board.

Despite having ridden 27 000 km in last 3 years on my Wave, I know I'm not really a motorcyclist. Have other people found the CB to be a good bike for someone with no (proper) motorcycling experience?

Last edited by South Thai Midget; 11-30-2012 at 02:26 AM. Reason: remove superfluous ?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 02:46 AM   #2

G'day from Australia,

I hadn't ridden a bike for 22 year or more and i found it very easy to ride !
So you should have no problem !
Cheers
Paul
Old 11-30-2012, 02:49 AM   #3

Thanx Paul
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-30-2012, 03:07 AM   #4

Thanked 1,402 Times in 715 Posts

Welcome aboard Matey.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
Old 11-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Thai Midget View Post
Hoping it shouldn't be too long, like February before I can be a proper member of this board.

Despite having ridden 27 000 km in last 3 years on my Wave, I know I'm not really a motorcyclist. Have other people found the CB to be a good bike for someone with no (proper) motorcycling experience?
You are probably more a motorcyclist than some on this forum. For what it's worth, my 15 year-old Honda Dream now has over 200,000 km on the clock. About 115,000 km are mine over the past nine years or so. I had it overhauled at a cost of just over 4,000 baht at about 170,000 km, and it still has a good few years left in it.

I don't reckon on another quarter litre until I get back to may home country. The CBR250R looks to be a good choice, but let's see what the options are when the time comes.

I started riding as a kid on a CT90 (essentially a beefed up Cub with knobblies on), not too much different from the Wave. From that I had no problem making the transition to various other machines, despite various configurations and no auto clutch. You should have all the basic riding skills by now. More importantly, you should know how to cope with Thai traffic.

Despite the attitude of a few, you don't have to have a CBR250R (on time payment) and pimply kid dreams of getting something bigger to be a proper member of this forum.

Motorcyclists come in many forms, with different interests, and reasons for riding. The only common thing here is an interest in smaller motor cycles in general, and the CBR250 in particular.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ajmick/dream

Last edited by Michael; 11-30-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #6

Garage

Welcome. You will love the bike.

Bring us back to where they've led
Listen not to what's been said to you
Old 11-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Thai Midget View Post
I had no motorcycle experience when i bought mine, I haven't even been on a scooter before (EVER). You're a veteran compared to me! So... I would say that the CBR is a excellent choice for someone with 'no proper' motorcycling experience.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #8

Yes, Thai drivers are a bit of a challenge, especially when, out of town drivers don't see any reason not to cut corners drastically, long before they can possibly see across them.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #9
sac

I learned to ride in Thailand. Stalling down Suhkumvit with lots of traffic behind me on the first day. It gets easier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement