Austin Texas Female - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #11

Welcome fellow Texan. Hopefully we'll be getting a group ride out to the Austin area together after the holidays and we can all meet up.

IMO, I would pay attention to your RPMS, and not speed when it comes to gears. Once you're lever are adjusted for you, shifting will become easier. Keep the RPM in the higher 7K+ range if you want to get up and go faster. If you're just commuting around town, keep them around 5K. When you get to 5K shift. I personally try to keep my RPMs low, 3-5K, and engage in 6th, final gear, by 35 MPH to save gas. Everyone is different, so just find a range that works for you.

As you slow down, shift down, release the clutch, and remember to keep your motorcycle in your target RPM range. Down shifting also helps slow the bike down too.

Good luck.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranX View Post
Whoop! Tx.
We never did get our Austin area cruise kicking. Everyone's schedule didn't quite line up. We should try and see if we can't get something together. It's been a while since last cruise.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcbr250 View Post
We never did get our Austin area cruise kicking. Everyone's schedule didn't quite line up.
Yeah, it was crazy at work when Lockheed went off strike(lots of "on hold orders"). Plus, I bought a house about that time. I will be in Austin April 19-21 for the MotoGP races. We might could hook up and ride Houston or try again for Austin some time. I did make a trip to AR and had a blast. VERY good roads. TX.
The Following User Says Thank You to TerranX For This Useful Post:
mattcbr250 (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #14

Text when you get a chance so I can save your number. I forgot to save it last time. We'll see if we can't get something together.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #15

Welcome fellow Texan! San Antonio here.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Riding gear: Icon Contra Mil-Spec Hi-Viz & HJC CL-16 helmet

Planned: Demon/Angel Eye 50-55W HID projector.

My MPG via fuelly:
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/154828.png
Old 12-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #16

i'm from austin. born n raised right here.
i like ur idea of a m/c club just for cbr250. i'd join up but
tbh, i can only to ride my cbr to/fr school. not my choice, but i'm chill w/ that. sux being 16.
where'd u go to take ur m/c course? took mine last summer at the delco cntr.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr250rakid View Post
i'm from austin. born n raised right here.
i like ur idea of a m/c club just for cbr250. i'd join up but
tbh, i can only to ride my cbr to/fr school. not my choice, but i'm chill w/ that. sux being 16.
where'd u go to take ur m/c course? took mine last summer at the delco cntr.
Enjoy being 16 while you can. I woke up one day realized I'm 31. LOL

Not having all the freedoms as an adult isn't fun, but sounds like you have some great parents. I finally got my first m/c at 31.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #18

SWEET! Since this is my first time @ gp, I'm doing general admission so I can move around and get a feel for the track. Might do reserved next time. A coworker's dad works @ COTA, so she's trying to hook us up too. Not sure what my lodging plans are yet. Might trailer my bike and camp at a state park. Take in some of the sights while I'm there. REALLY stoked about going. TX.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #19

I was sitting GA at the track for F1. Best place is most definitely turn 1 right in the middle of the grassy area and you get a good view of a lot of the track, as well as an awesome view of the first turn. Turn 11(?) on the opposite side of the track is almost as good and on a steep hill so you don't have to look over other people.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brooks For This Useful Post:
TerranX (12-20-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #20

Default Down shifting to first at stop

Mine won't shift from neutral to first unless i roll it back just a smidge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
This is Normal . Slowly let out the clutch lever while trying to put it into First gear . dont release the clutch fully just start letting it out a little and it will slide right into gear . Call it a bike thing . As for the rest i'll let someone with more time and experience takle that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement