Hello from Orange County! - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Bad news, friends. When I was sizing my helmet, I never wore my glasses, and have since realized I'll need to get contact lenses to wear my perfectly fitting Bell RS-1. So I'll need to postpone my MSF classes until at least next week. FAIL.
When I did my class in Fullerton 2 months ago they provided helmets and gloves. Only 2 people brought their own helmets.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #22
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlights View Post
When I did my class in Fullerton 2 months ago they provided helmets and gloves. Only 2 people brought their own helmets.
Thanks, but I already purchased a helmet (Bell RS-1), because I didn't want to wear a used one (I'm a bit of a germaphobe). I need to get contact lenses or figure out how to wear my glasses (without breaking them).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #23

I wear glasses, too, but I don't have any problems with my helmet (Arai Vector).

Just to be sure, it's pretty obvious, but are you putting your helmet on, then putting your glasses on? First few times, it might be tight, but you should be able to wiggle your glasses in there.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #24
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoR View Post
I wear glasses, too, but I don't have any problems with my helmet (Arai Vector).

Just to be sure, it's pretty obvious, but are you putting your helmet on, then putting your glasses on? First few times, it might be tight, but you should be able to wiggle your glasses in there.
Yeah, but I thought my cheap plastic frames were going to break, so I stopped trying. Definitely giving this another shot before I get contacts. Thanks!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #25
JHT

Feeling pretty stupid right now... I just easily got my eyeglasses on with my helmet. Oh well, I'm taking the class next weekend. Thanks for the help, guys!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #26
JHT

Took the classroom portion of the MSF BRC last night thru OCMT and had a pretty good time. Even with rain in the forecast, I'm really anxious for the riding portion this weekend. Thanks again for all of the help!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #27

Gotta love our SoCal "winter" and being able to ride in DEC. I don't miss living in the freezing Midwest. Have fun!!!

"Just RIDE..."
Old 12-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #28

It's gonna be pretty chilly out there, so make sure to wear multiple layers.

Gotta love SoCal December weather, though, where you can go riding and skiing on a same day-which I'll be doing this weekend.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #29
JHT

Hey (again)!

I completed the riding portion in one day, because there wasn't an evening class, they let us bang it out in one day. I was proud to be the only one to get 100% on the test, thanks to some MX experience as a teenager. Planning to get my 250R in the first week of 2013 and can hardly wait to ride...

Thanks for recommending the Fullerton BRC and other tips!
Old 12-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
I may give this another shot, because I absolutely despise wearing contacts... I'm worried about breaking my frames because there's literally no wiggle room in my helmet. Thanks, Top!
I have a pair of frames with what are called 'riding' temples. They are flat and thin with a flex cable that hooks behind the ears.

I wear a modular helmet that has a built in sun shade.

Can you get thinner cheek pads for the helmet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement