Hello from Orange County! - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
JHT

Default Hello from Orange County!

Hello,

I'm new to motorcycles and a potential CBR250R owner from La Habra, California. I plan to take the MSF course next week and just bought a helmet (Bell RS-1) and boots (Sidi Vertigo). Probably went a little overboard, but since I know that I'll be a motorcycle rider, I figured "buy once - cry once."

Could a Southern Californian recommend a MSF course location (based on your experience) and do you have any general advice, suggestions, or tips for the course?

Also, any recommendations for a local dealerships? I noticed there are quite a few in Orange County.

Thanks!
- JT
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #2

Thanked 1,482 Times in 757 Posts

Welcome aboard Matey.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #3

Garage

Welcome

Bring us back to where they've led
Listen not to what's been said to you
Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #4

I highly recommended M&M Motorcycle training.

https://training.msf-usa.org/ca-msp/...I7i%2boQ%3d%3d

I took the course in Fullerton, and have recommended 5+ people to them now (all have been good experiences)
I'd recommend you try and get one of the blue cruisers.... just trust me on this
Old 12-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne G Oldman View Post
Welcome aboard Matey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Sea View Post
Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top View Post
I highly recommended M&M Motorcycle training.

https://training.msf-usa.org/ca-msp/...I7i%2boQ%3d%3d

I took the course in Fullerton, and have recommended 5+ people to them now (all have been good experiences)
I'd recommend you try and get one of the blue cruisers.... just trust me on this
Thanks, everyone!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #6

I took the Basic rider course at the VA hospital in Long Beach (7th and Bellflower).

I bought the bike at Mid-cities Honda-Kawasaki in Paramount (1 block north of 91 fwy on Lakewood, Talk to Jim Kehoe).
Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory_L View Post
I took the Basic rider course at the VA hospital in Long Beach (7th and Bellflower).

I bought the bike at Mid-cities Honda-Kawasaki in Paramount (1 block north of 91 fwy on Lakewood, Talk to Jim Kehoe).
Thanks, Rory!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #8

Welcome fellow So Cal rider.
I live in LA County so I don't have any dealer or MSF course locations for you but just wanted to say welcome.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to Allyson

Welcome!!

I took the Rider's Edge class through the Harley dealer in Irvine. It gave me more riding time on the range than the other MSF classes. Of course it costs a bit more, but was worth it to me.

Huntington Beach Honda seems to be ok...but then again they are only a couple miles from my home. I drove by a a dealer on Whittier Blvd the other day that would be closer to you.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #10

It's kind of out of your way, but if you're interested in a CBR250R, you might want to consider taking your MSF at Honda Ride Center in Colton. It's actually operated by Honda, so all their bikes are Hondas, obviously.

Besides that, once you complete your MSF there, and if your instructor is confident in your skills, you can actually take practice sessions on a CBR250R, so it's like taking an extended test ride of the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement