Put my money down today! - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #1

Default Put my money down today!

~~
So after examining all of my first-bike options from older, used Ninja 250's, all the way up to newer 650's, I finally decided to put money down on the 2012 Black CBR250R my local dealer had. Last black one he had and decided I better do it now before someone else buys it, then I'd end up having to pay shipping and extra costs to order a '13.

I won't actually be putting in the credit application until I'm ready to take the bike out (march or april), but put my trade-in down on contract and my down payment as well. Luckily, I'm doing my winter storage at this shop, so the trade-in part will be super smooth. This makes it so I have dibs on the bike and he will not sell it out from under me. Will be my 2nd loan with his bank, so it's a guarantee. Probably even get a lower interest rate since I'm waaay ahead on payments on my current ride (Genuine Blur SS220i scooter).

Anyway, you guys will be seeing alot more of me come spring around here.
~~
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #2

Great! Hello and welcome!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #3

Welcome from NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Cracker7
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #4

~~
I need to move somewhere the riding season isn't dampened by 5 months of storage. >.<
~~
Old 12-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #5

Congrats! I was just about to pull the trigger on a new one for $4035 OTD here in San Diego a few days ago. Ended up finding a used 2012 with 1k miles for $2800 with some light rash. About $100 worth of parts to get it back to showroom condition.

Just ordered up my LiIon battery and TBR VALE M-2 black series CF slip-on today! =) Coming from ZX-10R's, GSX1000's, I'm going to need all the help I can get and I ride two up much of the time taking my son to and from school.

Enjoy when you get it!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #6

well done soulbreeze. Did the same thing with my 2012 red one and saved 1000 CAD. Was the last one in stock.
Waiting for spring to come ......
Old 12-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #7

~~
I didn't end up with a deal on the MSRP, but the dealer here did give me $2800 for my trade in (about what I still owe right now). No one else around here would've given me that much 'cause no one sells them (Genuine Scooter).

Plus my dealer is bare bones on fees. Just under 100 bucks for plate transfer and document fees. About 80 bucks for sales tax due to my trade-in.

So about 4300 OTD minus whatever extra I get paid off on my loan between now and the day I go in and tell him to get the bike prepped. Should have nearly another 2 grand off of that price by then (Tax returns woo).
~~
Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulbreeze View Post
~~
I didn't end up with a deal on the MSRP, but the dealer here did give me $2800 for my trade in (about what I still owe right now). No one else around here would've given me that much 'cause no one sells them (Genuine Scooter).

Plus my dealer is bare bones on fees. Just under 100 bucks for plate transfer and document fees. About 80 bucks for sales tax due to my trade-in.

So about 4300 OTD minus whatever extra I get paid off on my loan between now and the day I go in and tell him to get the bike prepped. Should have nearly another 2 grand off of that price by then (Tax returns woo).
~~
Such a deal! And out from under the payments on the scooter as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement