Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

New from Chicago

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  my250cbrgeo 
#1 ·
Hello all. Let me start off by saying I do not own this bike. My girlfriend does. I get the pleasure of doing the maintenance.

I believe forums like these are essential to an enthusiasts. Maintenance help. Modifications, aftermarket parts help and so on.

My ride is a 2012 Honda NC 700X DCT.

First up with the CBR is making it ridable for her. She and I had taken a MSF course last spring, wanting to get into motorcycling. Her bike was a lowered TU 250 at the course range.

The stock seat height is a little bit too tall for her. I'm thinking of dropping it about 1.5 inches. Maybe 2. She is 5'1'' and just a hair over 100lbs.

I see several kits out there, a few are infinitely adjustable. I'll be searching this board for what people use to lower their bikes.

She picked up the Red and Silver color scheme. But wants me to inquire on how to turn it pink! yay!

Also need to find saddle bags, top case, or pillion seat bag for some storage on the bike. Not a lot, but big enough to fit a standard sized chart board, blood pressure monitor, and some small nursing supplies.

Cheers,

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome! I'm in the NW burbs and we have 2 CBRs. Can't help you with lowering the seat, but there definately some threads on the topic here. We have a Cortech tailbag and it works great for small stuff it has saddlebags also, but we didn't buy them. Also, there are some threads on here about how to attach a small backpack as a tailbag and I wish I had seen them befor I paid for a tailbag. With two kids that have gone from kindergarten through high school, we have a crapload of backpacks laying around the house.

Good luck with the color customization...she'll be easy to spot for sure. LOL

#3 ·
Welcome. By using the Search function you will most likely find answers to your enquiries. Ogio is one of my fav manufacturers of bags and backpacks. Cortec is another to look into. There are several threads on lowering links.

Sadly I can not help you on the "Pink" issue. A question to ask her is "Will you be happy with pink for a long to come? Will you get sick of it/buyers remorse"? Perhaps a vinyl wrap is in order. Thus it can be removed down the road. I'm a girl and I don't the pink thing for a bike.

Cheers

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies!

Been using search for a while now, have a huge list, time to narrow down, and get approval from the misses.

As for the pink color scheme. I should clarify. She wants pink highlights. Not an entirely pink bike. Vinyl's would work, maybe work with the silver and red already on the bike. We don't want to spend too much $$$ on cosmetics.

But functionality is first. I've go until it warms up ( April?) to get the bike in riding order.

#10 ·
I registered our bikes for Ipass, but I don't carry it with me. Our bikes seldom set off the sensor, but if they do, the toll road folks just deduct the toll from our account.

#11 ·
So, I assume they track your account based on captured photos of your plates? I'm sorry, but in SoCal there are only "freeways", though that seems to changing.
Recently, they have instated some "ipass" or "fast pass" "HOV "(Motorcycles can use HOV ) lanes on a couple of freeways, so it's evolving ( or the wave of the future)
The whole notion of bikes setting off , or being recognized by sensors be it on freeways, parking structure gates,and traffic signals should be addressed.
But that's probably another thread.....

#13 ·
I agree on turning the bike into a pink but if highlights are in order then ok. But you raised a good point about the resale of it, if she wants to upgrade. Since you ride a 700cc and she's on a 250, then later she might want to upgrade to stay up with you without struggling. I agree with trying to find out how she can highlight with raps. even with highlighted pink raps, it would be tough to sale when she decides to upgrade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.