Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Hi from Canada!

10K views 93 replies 24 participants last post by  LlamaShampoo 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just bought a new 2012 CBR 250 on Saturday. Have only ever been on the back of a bike so lets hope I like it! :eek: I cant see me having any regrets though, love doing this type of thing! Unfortunately its not riding season for another month or so here though so it will be hard knowing my bike is waiting eagerly for me in storage!

How many other female members are there? Would love to hear your tips on how to avoid the terrible helmet hair.

Alyssa

#2 ·
Where in Canada are you located? Bad news bout the helmet hair......pack a ball cap lol welcome. You will live this wee bee.

#5 · (Edited)
Wahoo me to. I hail from Cochrane! Yup, snow again. Where did you purchase your bike from? Powerhouse? Do you own llamas?? Asking because of your name "LlamaShampoo". Many llama farms in Alberta, so I'm curious.

#23 ·
Crazy! Im in Calgary. So hello neighbor! lol. I purchased it from Rocky Mountain Honda. Looked originally for a used one at Blackfoot Motorsports and it was more expensive and they never took me seriously! Was very impressed with RMH. They didnt look at me like "oh.... young and a female...." I hope I dont get a lot of that as a young, female rider. And no hahaha. Cant say Ive ever had anything to do with llamas... Its just one of those random usernames lol

#7 ·
@ TheOr.... Sharing ha ha.....several llama farms around here. Apparently Llmaa are easy to look after. Low maintenance and high reward wool wise.

#9 ·
Ohhhhh.......bad bad bad!!!!! I know you have a stable of envious bikes, but llamas??? In Vancouver? Cool!!

#10 · (Edited)
Come on out and see my llama!! Oh, I only have one but I have a few bikes, you can take your pick. Did you say you had snow? I went out on one bike this morning, came home for lunch then went for an afternoon ride on another. About 10 degrees.

#15 ·
Wait... are you saying I've just "met" two women who both own CBRs AND llamas? What are the odds of that? And is this a "thing"? Do I now need to own a llamas. I think bf (clyde, on this forum) may protest! All of that said, welcome Alyssa! I just got mine on Sat morning too, but was able to ride that very day. Then boyfriend said we had to go on vacation for a few days (boo-hoo) so I'm now missing her.
Re the hair, I've learned to stop caring. Whatever comes out of the helmet is what I get. I just try to make sure its dried thoroughly before putting on a helmet. Otherwise things could get very weird.

#16 · (Edited)
@ Bonnie....yup..... Ya gotta own a llama and a cbr. Else ur square!!!!!!!!!

If ya wanna join look up www.llamaroom.com. I'm llamarammadingdong
While your at it look up my blog "Llamas, What Are They Good For"?J/k

Who says anyone has llama's??

#30 ·
@ Bonnie....yup..... Ya gotta own a llama and a cbr. Else ur square!!!!!!!!!

If ya wanna join look up www.llamaroom.com. I'm llamarammadingdong
While your at it look up my blog "Llamas, What Are They Good For"?J/k

Who says anyone has llama's??
Hola!! I did a quick search for llamas and your post came up, I'm so excited to find a llama forum and now I have your blog to follow. Please tell me more about your llamas and where you live, Canada must be beautiful, I would like to vist, with my llama Cuddles of course. I can't wait to hear back. Thanks.

#19 ·
@CBRchick, there are some really helpful ppl on this forum. The 250 is not my first bike but this I've my first forum and I agree with you re: helpful information. Nice to see more Albertan's as well. Hopefully our blecky weather will disappear and we can get out riding more. Cheers :)

#20 ·
@live_to_ride, well thanks for the warm welcome! :) i agree, it is nice to see more albertans on here. I can't wait to get the bike out. I rode it for the first time march 31 last year, I'm hoping to do the same this year. I plan on doing some mods to it as well, and since my garage isn't heated I'm patiently waiting for it to warm up so I can get it done.

#25 ·
I can not stop laughing right now!!! Ohhh my goodness lol.
To answer the majority of everyones question, nope! No llamas for me, I would love one though!!!! Feliz, do you actually own one?

And I am glad to see a good handful of Canadians, even more so Albertans!!!

#27 ·
Hey LlamaShampoo, the guys @ Powerhouse are awesome. I've bought 4 bikes from them, accessories and gear. Always great service. Did you buy a 2013? What color?

#29 ·
Ive never heard of Powerhouse before??? Didnt come up in my search! I bought a new 2012. They were about $1,500 less than the 2013's so I went the economical route lol. I liked the color of the 2013's better, but not $1,500 worth. I went with black. Kept it classy.

#31 · (Edited)
@feliz.......this is Llamarammadingdong, pls introduce yourself along with a wee bit of info on your Llama. What yr you procured it, what fuel (food) you use, color, and especially if yours makes odd noises (rattles etc). Welcome. Coincidentally, many of us own CBR's so feel free to toss a few thoughts bike-wise our way ;)

#32 ·
@LlamaaShampoo, Rocky Mountain Honda is Powerhouse ;) black is classy. Many on this forum insist the red is faster but I beg to differ lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.