Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Hello from Kentucky

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  JMS 
#1 ·
Just started riding last year. Put 5,000 miles on my Ninja 500 before selling it today. I have my eye on a 2011 CBR250R with 3,000 miles. They're only asking $3,000 for it. I'm hoping to get in for a test ride as soon as the weather permits. Most of my miles are commuting to work at 60 mph. It's only 13 miles to work. I rarely took my ninja on the interstate. I just don't enjoy riding at 75-80 mph for very long. It wears me out! I'm looking forward to owning the CBR. Modern EFI, mpg, and it's quiet. I often woke my in laws starting my ninja at 6:00 AM. I'm just the opposite of most riders around here. It seems like everyone around here prefers loud and large bikes. I just love riding 2 wheels. Friday I rode home on my bicycle and it was great! Thanks everyone and I've great enjoyed reading many of your posts.

#8 · (Edited)
Kentucky is a great place to ride!

I hope the machine suits you and meets your needs.

I remember having an 11-mile commute to work, and riding a 1984 CM-250 to work. It was a treat to come to work, and I felt refreshed when I got to work, not snarly and surly the way some car drivers often feel when they finally park their cursed wheels.

Good luck, and the "w" word you see above this message.

Keith in Sarasota FL

#9 ·
Whats up chief. I definitely can relate to the 'quiet' part, as i live in an apartment complex where motorcycles technically arent allowed. I asked my property manager how strict they were on it when i first started riding and she said "My husband actually has a Harley, as long as you dont make a ton of noise or piss off your neighbors I'm fine with it". I usually just ride the clutch out to the road just to be on the safe side anyway, even though its very quiet.

Whereabouts in KY are you? Maybe we can meet up and ride some this summer

#14 ·
Finally warmed up today. Picked up my bike at lunch and drove it back to the office. I tried to take it easy, but it's fun to wring it out. It was windy. The CBR handled it just fine although tucking a bit helped. Filling up on gas was interesting. I've owned a Nighthawk 750 and Ninja 500, but I think the CBR is my favorite.

#16 ·
I'm 5'11. This morning on the way to work I noticed the steering is a bit twitchy at highway speeds. It wasn't windy. Slight steering imputs would quickly take me from the line I was trying to hold. I think this is a result of the bike being so small and having a short wheel base. It's great around town. It's a hell of a lot easier getting it out of my driveway than my old ninja 500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.