Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Saddlemen Gel-Channel Tech Seat

10K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  spdklls 
#1 ·
Sold the Corbin...Worked great for me last summer .
Their philosophy is..you get sore because your seat isn't hard enough..so they make a heavier, more solid ,stiffer seat...and it worked...I could ride 3-4 times longer than on the stock.

But..other seats have different philosophies and I wanted to try one of them out.
the gel channel tech seat has a gel channel up the middle of the seat for your perennial area...no foam or gel at the very rear for your tailbone..and strategically placed raised gel pads to create pressure relief points.
'
Haven't gotten to ride more than an hour or two so far a couple times..but its very comfortable..It comes with a pillion seat cover...has to be stapled on....the staples that hold the stock on are simple 3/8 staples and I have a brad nailer/stapler gun so I pulled all the old ones..and put on the saddleman cover on myself in 30 minutes or less..

See less See more
#9 ·
~~
I was looking at these seats and went with the gel-channel track CF one. The main reason I was looking for a seat was to relieve groin soreness and the CF one seemed like it had a bit more depth for that. I do start to feel the seat a bit after an hour, but it seems like that is getting longer the more I get used to it (have ~1700 miles on it now). My butt ain't used to motorcycle seats so I think my personal tolerance is extending. :)
~~

Attachments

#11 ·
I almost got this seat instead..what changed my mind was the Tech seat is specifically recommended for longer riding and the track seats were for a more aggressive (track) riding posture..Tho the track seat does look more inviting if groin comfort is what your wanting most.

definitely the Tech seat so far is much more comfortable than the Corbin was...
tho I will reiterate the Corbin DID work to extend my riding hours as it said it would do..it wasn't uncomfortable..just the saddleman is MORE comfortable..

Still haven't gotten to ride more than 2 hours yet...will post up my thoughts the first time I finally get to go riding for 5+ hours..

Rain..Rain..Rain..we are already 6 inches over average for this year...I hate so much of the country is still stuck in a multi year drought and we are getting deluged with so much extra rain here...constant rain is why I haven't went on any long day rides yet..that and I have been babysitting my 9 year old stepdaughter most weekends I am off when it isnt raining ;p

#15 ·
mine was the tech gel channel...the profile is the same as the stock seat I am assuming since I dont seem to be sitting any higher or lower than the stock...other than that..dont really know what the difference in all the other seats are...i was just looking for more comfort on longer rides

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.