Heated Grips - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoho View Post
Thanks for the tip, Metalstorm! Just ordered the Oxford grips... these should make riding much more comfortable. Would you be able to post pics of the relay setup? I'd like to make extra security that it offers.

My hands were so cold this morning that I could barely get my helmet off at the office.

Here's a good 'how-to' on relays:

.: Distribution Block / Powered Relay | Canyon Chasers Motorcycle Sport Touring :.
The Following User Says Thank You to billyedtimmy For This Useful Post:
yurdle (03-31-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyedtimmy View Post
Thanks! That is an excellent how-to... I will have to keep that in mind... now to go find parts so I can prep the bike for when the grips arrive!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #13

Bump, Just bought a pair of these, Thanks for the thread guys.

Good to see that little mount fitted as well
Old 05-09-2012, 03:18 AM   #14

Well mine are on, But don't seem to work at all.

What a freaken tight fit, I was hoping to remove them when I sell the bike in 4 months, but they wont come off at all, Didn't even need to glue them.

But my issue is I get a green light on them, and thats it, No LED for temperature, and no heat from them.

Have you guys had any issues at all?

I tested all the wiring and it all seems ok, The grips are not short circuited or anything.

I have yet to test them at revs, only at idle.

I spent a good couple of hours on them putting the wiring in some tubing and making it all super neat, then forgot the +12v trigger wire for them as I will run them from a relay lol.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:58 AM   #15

Turns out my controller is buggered, Bike shop gave me a new one to install and take the old one back to them
Old 05-14-2012, 03:09 AM   #16

Woo woo all finished, Used a nice mini 30a 12v relay to trigger them, Wired it into one of the parker lights for my 12v trigger.

Pics

That loom running along the frame is the wiring for it all up front

Controller mounted using the included mount, Clears the screen and doesnt foul on anything.

Wires and relay next to the battery.

Last edited by Macca; 05-14-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to Macca For This Useful Post:
CBR_Dave (10-25-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #17

Does anyone have a photo of which switch wire they used for the relay? would the wire for the rear break running light work (redish colour)? I'd hate to go cutting into wires to find one around the battery area.

thanks.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #18

Garage

If you use posi-taps you won't have to cut any wires.
Do a search for posi-taps & posi-connectors. They make electrical projects easy and secure.

As for the wire, I tapped into the red running light wire on my US bike
I don't know if all countries run the same color schemes but I imagine they would.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #19

I was worried the small battery on this bike may cause the heated grips (on full power) to drain the battery if the RPM's are not kept above 5000 (as I believe this is when the battery can provide charge)?

What if I'm in very slow heavy traffic and can't filter much, and my RPMs are under 5000 with these Oxford heated grips on max? Will it not drain the battery?
Old 11-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalstorm View Post
If you use posi-taps you won't have to cut any wires.
Do a search for posi-taps & posi-connectors. They make electrical projects easy and secure.

As for the wire, I tapped into the red running light wire on my US bike
I don't know if all countries run the same color schemes but I imagine they would.
I would expect so, however in doing some web checking Honda was using the green+yellow wire for the running light power and the red(brownish) wire for the break light, and of course green for ground.

Thanks for the tip on the posi-taps, I'll look for some this weekend. I was going to cut the wire, soder in a connector and use heat shrink tubing to make it nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement