Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

List of crap I need recommendations on

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  2012cbr250 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so I've let my maintenance go a little bit... Need a few things, and would love some feedback on the best of each.

1.) Right (or both) front turn signal

2.) led accent lights on headlight assembly (one side has reeeally dimmed)

3.) Bulb/ HID kit to make the headlight match the blue LED accents

4.) Spark plug

5.) touch up paint and tank pad

#2 ·
Without a picture of the blue accent LED's, it's kind of hard to tell. With headlight bulbs you can get into the blue spectrum with higher degree (colour) bulbs. I cool white is about 6000 degrees Kelvin and the higher you go (max 10,000), the more it goes from blue to purple.

How many miles do you have on your bike? I've got close to 7000 miles and haven't even looked at my spark plug.

#3 ·
I think hes just redoing the headlight completely. But the same question goes how many miles/how old is your bike? Mine has been sitting outside for the past two years and the worst part of the things you mentioned was my headlight turning yellowish...

#5 ·
Any cheap $10 ebay tank pad is fine as long as you prep the surface well and use a hairdryer on the tank and pad while applying. As for the spark plug, you only check it at 16k miles, and replace at 32k. As for the headlights, I'd just replace with stock bulbs which are pretty dang good on a stock bike, if you don't want to go through the trouble of fixing the reflectors and molding the plastic. Otherwise, easiest route is to buy one of those aftermarket angel eye headlight housings. They're ready made to bolt in. Otherwise, I don't think it's worth the effort.

#13 ·
Answer for number 4.

I always have used NGK's and have never been let down once.
(Maybe because I never keep the bike/truck/car long enough to have them go out?)

Iridium if you can get them, Platinums are nearly as good.
They are the only plugs I ever buy, and have never needed another in any of my vehicles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.