Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen Is Done

50K views 151 replies 60 participants last post by  ballz 
#1 ·
I just got this photo from Glenn at Zero Gravity of the new Double Bubble windscreen for the CBR250R. No price or release date yet but it should be soon now that the prototypes are done. I would also expect an even taller and wider "Sport Touring" screen for our bikes as is their usual practice.
Windscreen Innovators - Zero Gravity

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
It would be badass if someone made some sort of adapter that would bolt on to the bike the same way as the windscreen currently does and then have the screens mount to that in the same fashion as most other sportbikes (i.e. Ninja 250r) and prevent us from having to tear down half of the bike just to replace the windscreen. The look would be similar to that Thai made aftermarket windscreen.

#10 · (Edited)
Sendler, thanks for posting this. I know we were just talking about it yesterday. I like the idea of the sport touring screen, but wouldn't it vibrate too much seeing as how it doesn't make all that much relative contact with the bike? It's not really braced by the body at all like on other bikes. Just attached at the bottom of the shield.

#18 · (Edited)
After reading this post I sent an email to Glenn
(we had contacts after I requested for updates)
and he promptly answered me with two pictures of the Sport Touring

I am very pleased with the customer care these guys are keeping.
He told me the price should be about 95$.
I am wondering how they do about shipping.

PS: another quote from Glenn
The Sport Touring is about 1 1/2" taller than the Double Bubble and wider at the top...

#24 · (Edited)
I wouldn't care to forward it along to you if you need someone too....but i dont get the ship twice thing...even if i shipped it to you..it would have to be shipped to me first...hence shipping twice anyway?

I want one of these too...hate how hard it is to switch out..sigh...dont know when I'll actually get around to talking myself into buying one

#22 ·
I can't wait for one of these. Seems to be the only thing this bike is missing...in addition to a good suspension.

The Sport Touring looks good and the pictures make it easier to decide seeing as my bike is black.

#25 ·
If you're ever going to add a HID projector, the windscreen replacement is the perfect time (and vice versa).

I was looking at the front cowl and windscreen laying on the table and cursing the fact I'd be stripping the bike down all over again in a few weeks to swap the screen.

#28 · (Edited)
Everyday that goes by riding at 70mph, I think how great an ST shield would be right now.... Might go Corsa, but being 6' tall makes me question on going bigger is better...

#34 ·
Hi all. I love this little bike. I just got it less than 2 weeks ago. Anyway, enjoyed reading this thread, but like the rest of you, I'm a mite bummed it seems to be a bit of a job to get the windscreen off. I'd like to paint mine black on the inside, and THEN get a tinted Lip. Have you heard of Laminar Lips? I'll probably just get a clear one.
<http://www.laminarlip.com/index.php>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.