Engine Case Sliders-Who Has Them? - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 04-27-2016, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Engine Case Sliders-Who Has Them?

I looked everywhere on the site and I didn't find too much stuff on case sliders. I really want to get a set but there aren't to many options out there. Anyone have suggestions for brands or Ebay parts?

I have been looking at the T-REX ones but they are a little pricey so I was also looking at these: Racing Engine Stator Clutch Cover Frame Slider for Honda CBR250R 2010 2012 | eBay
I am just a little worried about their design and if it would just rip of in case of a crash.

2012 CBR250R Black
Mods:
Racetech springs and emulators, Yamaha R6 shock, Yoshi Rearset Risers, Babyface GP Shift adapter, EBC HH Sintered Front Brake Pads, CBR600RR pegs, Mirror delete with CBR600RR block offs, Ebay Bar-end mirror, Red LED dash, The2Wheels levers, Homemade Fender Eliminator, LED Blinkers, Tank pads and grips, CBR300R seat, Spider Peak red Grips, Vortex Clip ons
Soon to be mods:
Slip on exhaust, Tyga exhaust hanger, PCV, Matte Black rims, Spiegler Steel Braided Brakes Lines,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-28-2016, 05:05 PM

Garage
hmm, for the price it isn't too much of a loss, even if they don't fit absolutely perfect, the idea is to minimize the damage if you go down, and a little modification if they are 100% lined up, still worth it as opposed to a new case cover. just my thoughts
Stichill likes this.

If you are scared then don't get on the bike because you won't enjoy riding with fear as your passenger...
post #3 of 15 Old 04-28-2016, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyDck View Post
hmm, for the price it isn't too much of a loss, even if they don't fit absolutely perfect, the idea is to minimize the damage if you go down, and a little modification if they are 100% lined up, still worth it as opposed to a new case cover. just my thoughts
Well the whole point of them for me is when I go to the track. If I go down one of the last things I want is to spill oil on the track and ruins everyone else's day. I am really looking for someone who has one of the cheap ebay ones and can attest to the quality. And being a college student I want to make sure I don't spend anything more than I need

2012 CBR250R Black
Mods:
Racetech springs and emulators, Yamaha R6 shock, Yoshi Rearset Risers, Babyface GP Shift adapter, EBC HH Sintered Front Brake Pads, CBR600RR pegs, Mirror delete with CBR600RR block offs, Ebay Bar-end mirror, Red LED dash, The2Wheels levers, Homemade Fender Eliminator, LED Blinkers, Tank pads and grips, CBR300R seat, Spider Peak red Grips, Vortex Clip ons
Soon to be mods:
Slip on exhaust, Tyga exhaust hanger, PCV, Matte Black rims, Spiegler Steel Braided Brakes Lines,

post #4 of 15 Old 04-28-2016, 09:43 PM

Kudos for actually needing functional case sliders for racing vs. just putting bling on the bike for no good reason.
DickyDck likes this.
post #5 of 15 Old 04-28-2016, 09:46 PM

I should mention that I've seen two street CBRs the went down on the right side and there was no case damage. I think the exhaust systems (one aftermarket, one stock) protected the engine.

Wondering what others have seen with bikes that went down on the left side...
post #6 of 15 Old 04-29-2016, 12:34 PM

Garage
I have some pretty long Frame-Sliders on mine, and I agree with Stichill, on the right side with good frame sliders and the exhaust there would probably be no case damage, not sure about the left side though. It's raining out now, but when it is dry out I'll pull my bike out and a fire blanket and lay it down on each side to see how much clearance there is between the case covers and the asphalt. I like the idea of the case cover sliders though. I may get a set, my girl mainly rides this thing, and she hasn't been down yet but sooner or later ya know!

If you are scared then don't get on the bike because you won't enjoy riding with fear as your passenger...
post #7 of 15 Old 05-04-2016, 12:44 PM

Garage
I don't like the extra long bolts on the ebay covers. It looks to me like there is high chance of stripping the engine mount if you go down hard and those bolts get snagged/torqued. (I have no experience with any sliders on my CBR250, but that happened to me on my CBR600 with case covers on a relatively gentle/slow low-side crash. At that point, I would have rather slid on the OEM stator cover and just replaced it.) Just my $0.02.

CMRA #914
2012 CBR600RR - Track Bike
2012 CBR250R - Track Bike
2012 Ninja 250 - For Sale
post #8 of 15 Old 05-04-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR Blaize View Post
I looked everywhere on the site and I didn't find too much stuff on case sliders. I really want to get a set but there aren't to many options out there. Anyone have suggestions for brands or Ebay parts?

I have been looking at the T-REX ones but they are a little pricey so I was also looking at these: Racing Engine Stator Clutch Cover Frame Slider for Honda CBR250R 2010 2012 | eBay
I am just a little worried about their design and if it would just rip of in case of a crash.
If you already concerned about the design of it, why wouldn't you go ahead & spend a little more for a design you could feel confident in?
post #9 of 15 Old 05-04-2016, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox View Post
I don't like the extra long bolts on the ebay covers. It looks to me like there is high chance of stripping the engine mount if you go down hard and those bolts get snagged/torqued. (I have no experience with any sliders on my CBR250, but that happened to me on my CBR600 with case covers on a relatively gentle/slow low-side crash. At that point, I would have rather slid on the OEM stator cover and just replaced it.) Just my $0.02.
Like I said before in this post. I don't care that much about a low side on the road. I am worried about going to the track. If I low side and break a case cover and dump oil on the track im going to ruin everyone else's track day.

2012 CBR250R Black
Mods:
Soon to be mods:
post #10 of 15 Old 05-04-2016, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by awanatech View Post
If you already concerned about the design of it, why wouldn't you go ahead & spend a little more for a design you could feel confident in?
Well being a college student means I have to be pretty stingy will my money. If I am able to buy a cheaper set that give the same protection then I will go with that. But im still leaning toward the T-REX slider just because I trust that design more.

2012 CBR250R Black
Mods:
Soon to be mods:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page