Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Touring Windscreen - TYGA/Zero Gravity

22K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  rdxj 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I was looking at purchasing a touring screen as the wind gets rather annoying after a while and have so far found the following:

TYGA - Tyga Performance - Screen, Touring, Dark Tint, OEM Honda, 2011 CBR125/150/250R - Screens

Zero Gravity - Windscreen Innovators - Zero Gravity

The price difference is like $10 (not sure about shipping yet) and I was just looking for any comparison that someone may have for these.

The ZG screen requires a full removal of the OEM screen and replacement, while the TYGA is a straight bolt on through the mirrors.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

#2 ·
I've got the Tyga windscreen and really like it. It bends the wind about neck high for me and I pretty much ride almost straight up, at 6'. I've not tried removing the fairing parts, there are others that have done it for aftermarket tinted screens. Do a search on the forum, I believe someone has even done a step by step thread. The Tyga is very easy to switch out, if you are as mechanically oriented as I am, I hate wrenches and things of that ilk.
Shipping was high, but quick, considering it came from Thailand, I think $40, if I were to somehow break the one I've got, I'd re-order another.

Doc

#3 · (Edited)
Zero Gravity

To my understanding Zero Gravity is still not shipping the tinted windscreen. I purchased the Zero Gravity touring windscreen in clear and love the way it deflects the air. I and 6' and sit straight to hunched on the bike.

By the way I am very mechanically inclined and was able to install the windshield without assistance in about an hour and a half. But if you take your time and remember how you took the bike apart it is not a hard process at all.

#5 ·
When I am tucked I see right over the windscreen. BTW I love the windscreen. I was having neck problems from the turbulence hitting my helmet and that has cleared up with the new windscreen. I may one day buying a tinted screen to replace but I could not wait since the bike is my mode of transportation to and from work (100 miles round trip)

#6 ·
Thanks guys I really appreciate the quick responses. Doktor do you have a pic of the screen on the bike? I prefer the direct bolt on simply due to simplicity of install but I'd like to see how the thing will look on a real bike (not on the mfg's website).

Might be something I'll do during the winter so as not to lose any riding time!

#7 ·
I apologize for the delay.
My wife was recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma, and this is the first time that I've been able to have a few minutes just for me. Please forgive the quality of the picture, I took it with my phone and sent it to myself.
Don't judge my attention to a web forum as being selfish, as a health care provider, I've been very much involved with her treatment, she has already received her first dose of chemotherapy, with none of the often thought of symptoms. She broke her hip, which is how the diagnosis was made during the surgery to correct that fracture. Her course of treatment is, in part, going to involve several weeks of residential rehabilitation, which she is currently under going.
I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we progress through this treatment.

Doc

#11 · (Edited)
Hey guys just got the Honda Touring windshield! Fits awesome! Took a lil while to install as I decided to do this at night time and am definitely looking forward to trying it out tomorrow! It's gotten brisk in the mornings here so any way to deflect the wind is welcome!

Bought it from https://www.facebook.com/stevecog and highly recommend Steve! Good price, quick turnaround and overall a very pleasant experience!

#14 ·
Hey I can see the G+ page no problem - thanks! Great looking stuff.

Back on the thread topic: I got an email from Glenn at Zero Gravity with these comments about the different windscreens they offer:

Thanks for your inquiry about the new CBR250R. The Corsa and Double Bubble applications were designed more for tucking in behind the screen at high speed. The Sport Touring will give the most protection while sitting upright. However, the Double Bubble and Corsa both deflect more wind than the stock screen while riding upright. The person who loaned us his bike to create the screens is about 5'-8" and said the Sport Touring worked well for him. So I'm thinking this might be a good choice for you.​

#15 ·
I've done a few good rides now with the screen from Thailand and at first I wasn't over impressed. It seemed louder, and like it wasn't doing much work...but then when I finished up a ride I felt much better. The airflow is just directed differently and it does make a difference. Maybe more wind going towards the helmet...not sure...overall I'm happy with the purchase though. 5'8 and typically sit straight up.

#16 ·
I've had mine for a few months now and also am pretty happy with it. In fact, if mine would get damaged, I would definitely buy another one. I love that it's so easy to install, looks good from the front but some of the other screens probably have a better profile.
The wind blast has been removed from my chest and shoulders and is directed mid face screen at upright riding position. It's no goldwing mind you but a big improvement from stock. What I also like, and don't seem to see as much in the other aftermarket screens is how the top lip curves upward, giving some additional wind redirection, almost like a laminar lip.

#17 ·
I have received my TYGA screen and put it on today , after 6900km riding without I do feel the wind is now much higher. From chest/arms to neck/helmet only, this is making highway riding more comfortable for sure.

I know replacing the stock screen is maybe better looking but this was easy and quick and can return to stock in a minute so I can live with it.

Bye,
Richard

#19 ·
This isn't pretty, but works very well and is quite easy to make, the total overall height is 21" and the width at the bottom is 15". The only difficult part, is getting the aluminum lower part radiused, but any sheet metal shop could do it easily. I didn't have a shop nearby, so I patiently used a ball peen hammer to shape it. The aluminum part of the shield is .077" thick, the top part is just a piece of 1/8" plexiglass I had laying around. The mounting brackets are made from an old aftermarket pickup truck aluminum running board, which is also about 1/8" thick.

You don't want to give the aluminum quite as tight a radius as the original shield and you will end up with about a 1" gap between the fairing and the shield right at the center, which causes no problems. You want to bend the brackets to pretty much match the angle of the fork tubes. I have more than 10,000 miles with the shield in place and have been very happy with it. I have never ridden in the rain with it, so I can't comment on that. I use handlebar mirrors, but you can easily use the stock mirrors if you desire, just use longer bolts and mount them right on top of the brackets. I don't know how much luck I'll have in sending a picture with this and if it doesn't work out and you're interested in it, just send me your e-mail and I'll send you several.

For the pictures I have, e-mail me at 2dcooley@gmail.com please put Honda Shield in the subject field.
Dan
AKA Dailyrider
PS: I'm 6 feet tall. Fender Vehicle

Window Glass

Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Bumper Vehicle Headlamp

Vehicle Windshield Car Gauge Auto part

#20 ·
I bought the Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen and used it for 3 months. I thought it was too narrow and it created turbulence on my shoulders that eventually became annoying. So I sold it and bought the Honda Sport Touring windscreen from Tyga Performance in Thailand. I like it much more. It is wider and seems to distribute the air better at highway speeds. The mounting over the stock screen looked a little strange to me at first but it has grown on me. It seems to reduce the highway fatigue a lot during my daily commute. Also, a bonus with this windscreen that I haven't seen anyone mention is the triangle 'creases' on the sides. I couldn't figure out what they were for at first. They direct the air away from the hand grips. It's pretty amazing and my hands don't get as cold on cool morning rides to work. I know it's the middle of summer but we've had some strange weather this year in Ohio. I'm sure I'll appreciate it even more this fall.

Anyways, I highly recommend the Honda Touring Screen from Tyga - it works very well for me.

#22 ·
I've actually had the zero gravity ST windscreen for about 3000 miles and sadly, i had to revert back to stock. im a hypermiler and join in alot of "spirited" rides around my area. cuz of this, i tend to always ride tuck and have gotten used to it surprisingly (im 5'9" btw, 69"). at higher speeds, 80-90 mph, there is way too much buffetting like there is no windscreen at all. this was eliminated once i swapped back to stock. now im trying to sell it.

#25 · (Edited)
I'm looking to purchase a touring screen for a 900+ mile trip I've got coming up in the summer. I want to purchase the Tyga Touring screen, mostly due to the ease of installation and the larger size, but I can't find it anywhere other than this Canadian site:
CBR125R/CBR250R Tinted Touring Screen | tyga-performance.ca
I sent an email to their listed address to inquire about the currency exchange (since I'm in the US) and received a bounce-back telling me the address does not exist. So I'm hesitant to purchase from there.

Any idea where I can locate one of these guys?
I'd prefer to skip the ZG screen because I'm not set on the idea of tearing apart the front of my bike, unless there's no other option...

#26 ·
I looking to purchase a touring screen for a 900+ mile trip I've got coming up in the summer. I want to purchase the Tyga Touring screen, mostly due to the ease of installation and the larger size, but I can't find it anywhere other than this Canadian site:
CBR125R/CBR250R Tinted Touring Screen | tyga-performance.ca
I sent an email to their listed address to inquire about the currency exchange (since I'm in the US) and received a bounce-back telling me the address does not exist. So I'm hesitant to purchase from there.

Any idea where I can locate one of these guys?
I'd prefer to skip the ZG screen because I'm not set on the idea of tearing apart the front of my bike, unless there's no other option...
What do you think about the Laminar Lip (.com), that you were looking at?

I've never tried one, so I don't know how they work. It certainly does change the look of the front end.
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-...85-just-installed-laminar-lip.html#post299233

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.