Stripped bar end screw - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 Old 11-23-2012, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Originally Posted by eluo View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try to tighten then loosing before resorting to the bolt extractor.

For anyone in the US looking low cost replacement bar end screws, - OEM Powersports Parts from Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha at discounts up to 80% off MSRP sells it for $0.55 and shipping is $1.75 for any order under $10.
Yea thats where I have been ordering OEM parts from. I picked up 4 screws and made sure I used a properly sized screw driver for it. Have two spares right now just in case I have a future incident.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 12 Old 11-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Finally got the bar end screw out by hammering #3 phillip bit into the screw for a tight fit and having my wife hold the strap wrench while I push in and turn to loosen.

I did find glue on the screw

Pic of the stripped screw with bar end removed

After all this and removing my original grip, I noticed I received a defective grip. The rubber on the grip had a crack.

I sent an email to Oxford customer service. Hopefully the can resolve this soon. I can't ride without the grip and I don't plan to put back the original grip. It was a pain to get it off.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page