Race Sense phone app - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-08-2012, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Race Sense phone app

Phone App

From Slashdot:
"Alexander George writes about a new app that takes the data from a smartphone's accelerometers, GPS, and inclinometer to plot information for braking force, lean angles, speed, and on-track location onto Google Maps to shave precious milliseconds off each lap time in motorcycle races. Race Sense is designed to be a useful tool for someone who races for a living and a very fun toy for those who just like to brag about what lean angle they got at their ride day, and what top speed they reached down the main straight. Australian Grand Prix motorcycle road racer Anthony West provided much of the R&D that went into tweaking the app. 'With sponsorship's so hard to find and I need another way to survive. I spent some of my own money developing it with an Italian guy who also likes to ride himself, and who writes programs,' says West who designed Race Sense to fulfill the needs of a genuine MotoGP racer. 'Sometimes it's one second [separating] 20 people. If you adjust one little thing thinking about something in one corner you can lose four places."

It doesn't seem to be released yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-08-2012, 09:43 AM

Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,308 Posts
Ive been using the freebie android & PC RaceChrono, didnt expect much but its great,
lots of info to play with when I transfer it to PC.

Sent from my mobile phone while driving, waiting for a vigilante Motovlogger to star in his own train wreck.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

I picked up the Optrix video pro app and wide angle lens case. It shoots HD video and overlays the GPS and accelerometer data onto the video.

Everyone has the right to be offended but just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right!
post #4 of 4 Old 11-08-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jme250RA View Post
I picked up the Optrix video pro app and wide angle lens case. It shoots HD video and overlays the GPS and accelerometer data onto the video.
Im trying to find an app (android) that records all that data in real time, but without the video so I can overlay it on top of my gopro later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page