Comfort Passenger Seat - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #1

Default Comfort Passenger Seat

Hello,

I have a 2012 CBR250R and I am currently trying to find out what aftermarket seats are available. I am mainly interested in the passenger seat. My girlfriend likes to ride with me but she thinks the stock seat is too hard. I know Corbin makes a passenger seat but anyone knows of a different company?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
sac

She can try cycling shorts. Spandex shorts that have gel built in to them. Wear them under her pants.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #3

Thanked 1,306 Times in 696 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac View Post
She can try cycling shorts. Spandex shorts that have gel built in to them. Wear them under her pants.

Good suggestion. However, most girls don't want to look like they're wearing a diaper. We're vain that way lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to live_to_ride For This Useful Post:
Jme250RA (11-11-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 12:33 AM   #4
sac

or she can wear them over her pants as suggested ^^
Old 11-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #5

I appreciate the feedback but is that really all there is?
I guess we're going bike shorts shopping then...
Old 11-23-2012, 05:16 AM   #6

Thanked 1,471 Times in 754 Posts

Hi. I don't know where you live, I'm assuming the US. Over here, there are a few people who will build more comfortable seats on the stock one. It may be an idea to search on Google for custom seat builders or upholsterers in your area.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
Old 11-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #7

I bought a spare rider seat from cheap cycle parts. It was $38 iirc. I pulled the staples, carved out the hard foam and replaced it with some squishy eggcrate foam that came in a shipping box. It had the desired effect of lowering the seat but it expands back to make the seat look normal. The added benefit is the softer foam is more comfortable. I still have the stock seat if I need to return.

Corbin makes a high quality part but the foam they use is somewhere between concrete and pine for stiffness. They are known to break in at around 100,000 miles. And you could buy ten stock seats for the price.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #8

Butt Buffer makes a pillion pad (gel). I ride with one (a medium size) 100% of the time. I think she would be happy.
Pillion pad is 11 x 8" $55.50
Their next size is a small at 12 x 12" $72.50
They also do inserts in your stock seat. $110 for the pillion size.

Motorcycle Seat Cushion | Gel Cushions For Sale | Butt Buffer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement