Security - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #11

Chain a cop to your bike and go to bed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to KRA5H185 For This Useful Post:
av911 (01-30-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #12

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRA5H185 View Post
Chain a cop to your bike and go to bed.
And all it will cost is donuts and coffee
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to ecustu7 For This Useful Post:
av911 (01-30-2013)
Old 11-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #13

I have the Gorilla alarm, but sounds more like a parakeet when going off. More concerned about just hearing it when it's tripped, but once I've gone inside somewhere you can barely hear it. Do have the pager system for it which helps. Chaining it up is the way to go if you can.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #14

I have a Xena disc lock (the non alarm version) that I usually put on when I leave it somewhere. When I'm done for the day at my apartment I have a fairly thick industrial chain to lock it to my porch and the staircase pole.

Most of the time I don't really use the chain; it's more for show than anything since it really is a pain threading up through the frame and back down. Simply throwing a little bit of it under the bike to where it looks like it's locked up will probably do the job.

If all that fails? I have a 100$ deductible on theft insurance so not really worried at all.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecustu7 View Post
And all it will cost is donuts and coffee
LoL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #16

I have a Xena disc lock. Yea its pretty good but it could be better. I've had it for 7 months now and it's barely starting to messup a bit. I replaced the battery since it was dieing but false triggers happen from time to time (it could be that my bikes brake disk is dirty and messes with the lens)

although I'd still recommend
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lock.JPG (93.0 KB, 34 views)

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ifonlyforever/cbr250r
Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #17

I have a Xena disk lock too. Although mine looks a bit different than the others posted above.
It's called the Xena XZZ6L. Extremely sensitive to movement. I've had to take it off for tonight though since Brisbane is currently experiencing monumental gusts of wind and flooding. I don't think anyone's gonna bother trying to take the bike in this weather :P
Old 01-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #18

I have the xena & gorilla too -- As I see it yes they could just pick up the bike, but if it is screaming they'll likely just move on to another target. As other have kind of said, it's impossible to make a bike unstealable, but if you make it harder than most, they'll skip yours and move on to the next.

Bike: 2014 Honda CBR650F (Silver)
Past: 2011 Honda CBR250RA (Red/Silver) - Sold @ 12,734KM (gone but not forgotten)
Old 02-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #19

Default Security

I chain mine to a anchor I put into the curb outside of my apartment, then put a xena disc brake alarm on it, and a cover. However, after a few times of my alarm going off/ sketchy people looking at her / and the chain & cover being messed with I have decided on keeping her in my kitchen until I can move out of this complex. ImageUploadedByMO Free1361850404.933733.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 02-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #20

I hear you. I had to give up riding for a couple of years when I lived in the heart of the city. There was just no way to stop people messing with my bike in such a congested area. It wasn't just the fear of theft. Even with a heavy chain and no evidence of tampering overnight I got halfway to work one morning and was almost decapitated by my windschield coming off. Pulling over I noticed that all the bolts to my fairing were missing and it was just being held on by friction. Returning home that night I found the bolts...scattered all over the next yard.
Not something I was expecting and it could have ended quite badly. Being completely unprepared for the increasing whacko segment of big city populations convinced me to stop riding until I could afford to put something solid and impassable between my bike and all the nuts out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement