Jacket and exhaust - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 04:42 AM   #11

Ixil exhaust lover here. Great sound, not too loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/mrshadow/cbr250r (Fuel Mileage)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrShadow For This Useful Post:
Wattohh (11-29-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 06:06 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethebear View Post
I live in Brisbane, and while it isn't as hot here as it is where you are, I find even meshy textile jackets are just too hot. I'd recommend a Motorcross jacket, the mesh ones with the plates of armour. Bikebiz stocks quite a few different jackets.

Apparel - More DIRT Apparel - Protection - Bikebiz - New & Used Yamaha Kawasaki Aprilia Motorcycles, Motorbike Parts & Accessories
i really wouldn't recommend wearing a motorcross jacket for road riding. The material is not made to withstand a slide on tar. It and you will get ripped to shreds if you go down.

I wear a RST ventilator II Mesh/cordura jacket. It has really good ventilation and CE approved armour in the shoulders, elbows and back. Did i mention it has really good ventilation. It gets really hot here BTW, so that jacket is a god choice.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gungnir For This Useful Post:
Wattohh (11-29-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #13

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
i really wouldn't recommend wearing a motorcross jacket for road riding. The material is not made to withstand a slide on tar. It and you will get ripped to shreds if you go down.

I wear a RST ventilator II Mesh/cordura jacket. It has really good ventilation and CE approved armour in the shoulders, elbows and back. Did i mention it has really good ventilation. It gets really hot here BTW, so that jacket is a god choice.

Thanks Gungnir , ill give that jacket a look up.

I think im going to go with a Yoshimura Exhuast and Yoshimura Fender eliminator. i have a intergrated indicator LED taillight coming . a new rear seat cowl from sacs, i think this will have to do for now since ive only had the bike 2 weeks, Im very interested in getting some black wheels, havent come across any sites yet though. I notice there isnt alot of australian sites for these parts.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattohh View Post

I think im going to go with a Yoshimura Exhuast and Yoshimura Fender eliminator. i have a intergrated indicator LED taillight coming . a new rear seat cowl from sacs, i think this will have to do for now since ive only had the bike 2 weeks, Im very interested in getting some black wheels, havent come across any sites yet though. I notice there isnt alot of australian sites for these parts.
Just get your stock wheels powder coated.

That's my plan anyway...pretty reasonably priced too.

Good luck, sounds like you're having fun with your new bike.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
The Following User Says Thank You to CBRockers For This Useful Post:
Wattohh (11-29-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #15

yeah just priced how much to get my wheels done plusa few other things $120 im pretty happy with that
Old 11-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #16

Quote:
yeah just priced how much to get my wheels done plusa few other things $120 im pretty happy with that
You're welcome!

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
The Following User Says Thank You to CBRockers For This Useful Post:
Wattohh (11-29-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Agreed. Anything happens in a motocross jacket and you might as well as be wearing tissue paper.

I don't know how the weather is over there, but here in hot and muggy Texas my Alpinestars T-GP-R Air jacket has served me well for 8 months. Great ventilation and pretty sturdy.
Alpinestars T-GP-R Air Jacket - RevZilla
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hooplah For This Useful Post:
Gungnir (11-29-2012), Wattohh (11-29-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #18

Quote:

I considered getting integrated indicators before and rang up the Dept of transport. Unfortunately tail lights with integrated indicators violate the ADR, you'll get a defect notice on it for sure (not just in QLD, it's a nationwide standard).
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikethebear For This Useful Post:
Wattohh (11-30-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #19

Ahhhh really yuk

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

"Real success is about happiness, not wealth"
Old 11-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #20

i think a RST ventilator II Mesh/cordura jacket would be the best

Last edited by fiyafiya; 11-30-2012 at 01:31 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fiyafiya For This Useful Post:
Wattohh (11-30-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement