tail bag reccomendation - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #1

Default tail bag reccomendation

im looking for a tailbag, but there are many that have been reccomended here, and even more available, so i wonder if i could get a few reccomendations for what i need:

I'd like a tail bag that can quickly be mounted and removed to take to work. I.e take out of house, mount on bike, ride to work, then remove at work to take in. Reverse in the evening. I need it to be able to hold A4 documents or better yet A4 folders, up to a few inches in depth in a waterproof manner. Ideally a little room to spare to put e.g lunch and locks in.

Thanks in advance for any pointers. Im in the UK if that effects e.g availability. Im price concious but have learnt from winter gear that it's worth paying the right price for the right product
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #2

Is a backpack that annoying ? , genuine question no sarcasam here

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Motorcycle.com Free App

"Real success is about happiness, not wealth"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #3

at times yes. It can become uncomfortable at the end of a 40 min journy if ive got alot of papers to carry too. Would be nice just to have the bike carry the extra weight rather than me. Whether its annoying to the point of getting a tail bag in lieu depends on the price range that appropriate tail bags come up at
Old 01-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #4

Ahh I see , I'm pretty lucky my commute to work is 15 minutes on a busy day , there was a thread on here not long ago about this topic , see if you can find it probably less then 2 weeks ago it was

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Motorcycle.com Free App

"Real success is about happiness, not wealth"
Old 01-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #5

Garage

Kriega US-10 or 20! Decide how much you need to carry and go for it. One of the only truly waterproof storage solutions.

I've got the 20 and use it to take books and notebooks back and forth to work, pick up lunch on occasion, and even buy groceries (only a few). Some have fit a 30 to our bikes, but the 20 does the trick for me.

http://www.kriega.com/categories/bike-packs/

Last edited by superfly; 01-08-2013 at 04:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to superfly For This Useful Post:
wingland (01-09-2013)
Old 01-09-2013, 04:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
Kriega US-10 or 20! Decide how much you need to carry and go for it. One of the only truly waterproof storage solutions.

I've got the 20 and use it to take books and notebooks back and forth to work, pick up lunch on occasion, and even buy groceries (only a few). Some have fit a 30 to our bikes, but the 20 does the trick for me.

Bike packs - Kriega
I was having another search around and that did catch my eye, so its good to see it reccomended. The other option i saw was use my current backpack with a cargo net/bungees and a waterproof cover on it when it rains
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #7

Garage

check this thread...

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-p...highlight=ogio

still like my OGIO tail bag
The Following User Says Thank You to katedwolf For This Useful Post:
live_to_ride (01-14-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhall View Post
at times yes. It can become uncomfortable at the end of a 40 min journy if ive got alot of papers to carry too. Would be nice just to have the bike carry the extra weight rather than me. Whether its annoying to the point of getting a tail bag in lieu depends on the price range that appropriate tail bags come up at
You need to check out my other post. I had herniated a disc and an additional 20 lbs or so was just too much so I figured this solution out.
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-parts-accessories/7821-how-attach-ordinary-backpack-your-rear-seat-post108421.html

Riding gear: Icon Contra Mil-Spec Hi-Viz & HJC CL-16 helmet

Planned: Demon/Angel Eye 50-55W HID projector.

My MPG via fuelly:
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/154828.png
Old 01-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #9

I have a saddlemen tunnel bag which I don't like. It's way smaller than it looks, and the storage compartment is oddly shaped which makes it hard to pack. I also don't like the clamps used to hold it down - they're plastic and not very rigid, and thus don't hold very tightly.

The Kreiga line looks really nice but small. For a tailbag I would get something at least 40L.

Last edited by sniper1rfa; 01-14-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #10

Garage

Honda Side Bags and Tail Bag

I love my Honda tail bag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement