Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Hid? Hid!

10K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  Bonham36 
#1 · (Edited)
Well this arrived for me today.

For a $55 kit, I'm very impressed. It has an angel eye, and is Hi/Lo capable.

The install was tedious and took forever, but it was well worth it. I blacked out the original reflector with black Plastidip (This is the only occasion where I'd advocate using it, since I may need to remove it at a later date for whatever reason).

Here's a link to the item. Though you'd probably be better off finding it locally rather than ordering it from Aus.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

See less See more
#8 ·
It had two exposed wires. I just wrapped them around the T10's existing connections and plugged it in.

#10 ·
In hindsight that would have been a good idea.
It produces about three times as much light as the stock bulb.

#12 ·
I must be slow today, I couldn't figure out how to add $15 to the order to get the ballast too. I messaged the guy but who knows. Later today I'll be purchasing some T10s and some plastidip lol

#13 ·
looks awesome but QUITE A BIT WAY more work than I am prepared to do to achieve those awesome results.

I decided to go quick,easy and simple and still get 3x more light on road in front of me.
My plug n play 5000K bi xenon HID light kit came today..I'll install it during my free time this weekend in 5 minutes or so.
bUT, I like the end result and look of yours...minus the labor :)

#14 ·
Oh no.
No no no no no.

You need a projector otherwise you're going to spew light everywhere.

#16 ·
They're hooked in with the running lights. I have a switch that turns off the headlight, but the running lights and the angel eye are always on.

#28 ·
Category Details - Plasti Dip Aerosols

Not the only supplier in Australia, lol. But they are charging about 70c per can more than the sale price on the same can (down the bottom, Black Plasti Dip 311 Aero). Non-sale price is a bit higher haha.

I rang their contact number and left them a message to see if they had a distributor in SA but who knows. I went to TJM just down the road from me and they used to stock it but have stopped for no particular reason (perhaps nobody buys it?).

I'll fix the headlight in tomorrow without blacking out the reflectors, will see how that turns out.

#30 ·
The guys at Plastidip.net.au gave me a ring back today, turns out Autobahn some 20km from me are their only redistributors in SA, despite Google not telling me this information :D

So Saturday morning straight after work I'll be going down there to buy some PD, then I'll get to work baking myself a new angel-eye headlight :D

#31 ·
When baking to put it back together, only heat up the clear half. You'll burn the plastidip and the HID's wires otherwise.

Reactions: Jubis
#32 ·
Ok I'm stuck. I have no idea how to figure out this plate business (getting it to sit comfortably and securely up against the reflector). Best I could get was using what I assume is the H4 plate (the larger of the metal bits they provided, with three protruding bits arranged in a "Y" like fashion), but after that I have no idea what to do lol.

Any tips? At this point it looks like I'm catching a taxi to work lol, my bike isn't back in one piece yet lol.

#33 ·
#34 ·
Idunno I figured it out lol. Took a drill to the reflector, got annoyed that the cables didn't have anywhere to run seamlessly through :\

There's a few loose wires that I need to ziptie. Also need to fix my LED underglow setup, pretty sure I yanked apart a major part of it whilst attempting to put the headlight together.

#35 ·
That looks great man! Sorry I didn't get back to you in time.
I cut the wires and pushed them through the little hole on the right hand side (Facing forward) and then just spiced and heatshrinked them back together.
Make sure you adjust the reflector, I found after installing mine it was way out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.