RAM stem mount - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #1

Default RAM stem mount

Installed a Ram stem mount today. The instructions are pretty straightforward, but I thought I'd document the process to share it with anybody who might be interested.

Ram Mount pictures by skysensor - Photobucket

Last edited by skysensor; 07-14-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skysensor For This Useful Post:
Croaker (03-21-2013), Kenister (04-09-2013), snick8467 (07-21-2012), Thetonious (01-14-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #2

Thanks for the share!.. It makes me think why doesnt this site have any sticky threads?!?!..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:41 AM   #3

thanks alot for the pics/directions man! i actually just ordered this and was looking for some directions specifically for this bike. This helps a lot!

I ordered exactly what you did (even the short clamp) except I got the iphone mount.

I'll be using this along with the directions when I get it!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #4

Do you have the part numbers?
Old 08-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #5

Part numbers for the stem mount and a Garmin GPS are here:

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/9629-post7.html
Old 08-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeeee View Post
Do you have the part numbers?
Here's what I ordered, less the GPS-specific cradle:

RAM Mount Camera Mount Plate Model No. RAM-B-202AU
RAM Mount Motorcycle Fork Stem Base with 1 inch Ball Model No. RAM-B-342U
RAM Mount Short Arm B-Socket Model No. RAM-B-201U-A
RAM Mount Diamond Plate with 1 inch Ball Model No. RAM-B-238U
RAM Mount Long Arm B-Socket Model No. RAM-B-201U-C

The short arm works fine for my GPS. The long arm is longer than it needs to be for my camera. If I had to do it again, I might just save a little money and get only the "standard" arm (instead of both short and long), as it splits the difference lengthwise.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:28 AM   #7
Banned

I just installed my GPS mount.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 1690 so there is no compatible gps Ram mount for this bike to work with the nuvi 1690 so I had to do some modifications.

I used the same center cap mount as in this thread, the Ram-B-342U.

I took the stock cradle that came with my gps that is supposed to be for the car and hollowed out the ball socket (the socket is smaller than the ram 1" ball) and hacksawed some relief cuts on each side of the joint so it would flex a abit and grab ont on the 1" ram ball.

I then just took some Locktite superglue and applied it around the inside edge of the ball socket on the back of the stock cradle and mounted the stock cradle onto the 1" ram ball and applied pressure for a minute or so. That cradle is on so tight and strong that I would have to break the stock cradle off with a hammer in order to remove it.

The placement is absolutely perfect and at the perfect viewing angle. Next, I will install the 12 volt outlet in order to power the gps on long trips. I can also use the volt outlet to charge my cell phone as well.

Here are pics:

Last edited by DudeMan; 05-17-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #8

Thanks for the instructions! I just installed mine and it's protruding out more than your pics show! The top piece doesn't go in proper and I'm not sure why! I'll remove it tomorrow and try again as I think I just need to shave down the top part of the rubber insert a bit more.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #9

skysensor -- Thanks for the pics, I'm doing this over the weekend myself (just got the parts). Looking at these and others, I am thinking I should have gotten the short arm, but got the standard as it was part of a 'kit'.

If possible, could you take another shot, with the RAM ball pointing down/away from the keyslot (basically how you have it in your pics), but with the short arm pointing up to the keyhole, and the GPS on top of it?

I'm debating buying the short arm, and if I can have the GPS 'sit' centered on the handlebars, with full visibility of the dash, I'll probably do it. I figure my standard arm will be too long and block some of the bike's dash when positioned that way.

Bike: 2014 Honda CBR650F (Silver)
Past: 2011 Honda CBR250RA (Red/Silver) - Sold @ 12,734KM (gone but not forgotten)
Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #10
Banned

I have the same mount as the OP, but I have the medium length arm, it looks like he has the long one.

Works great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement