Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Gear indicator

18K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  bcoli2674 
#1 ·
To anyone here that has a gear indicator installed. In your opinion, is it worth it or not and why?

Just curious.

#2 ·
#9 ·
Took me about 2 months to realize that a gear indicator was redundant. Your ears your feet and your butt will tell you if you are in the right gear. Spend the money on protective apparel.

#27 ·
Spend the money on protective apparel.
and neon lights! JK. I double this sentiment.

I've found that going from one bike to the next, you have to relearn the engine sound/feel method. I rode a harley sportster for a few weeks while my VFR was being repaired and that was a TOTALLY different experience.

#12 ·
You are either in the right gear or the wrong gear,
and a gear position indicator wont help with that.

Better to spend your money on a painted anodized powdercoated plastidipped chrome plated polished high performance carbon heat shield.

#17 ·
Replacing my muffler bearing with an aftermarket one netted me a .3 hp increase. A power band has got to be good for what? another .3-.4?
Add to that a painted anodized powdercoated plastidipped chrome plated polished high performance carbon heat shield and that's at least a full 1 hp boost.

Oh about the indicator thing. I rarely ever know what exact gear I'm in. But I always know if it's the wrong one :)

#18 · (Edited)
Same here regarding trying to go another gear up from 6th gear...Have thought many times a gear indicator would be nice to double check real quick in those instances..but they are alot of trouble to install on our bikes and are over $100...two strikes to the one plus in my book...I have decided I'll just keep trying to kick up to 7th gear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.