M4 Street Slayer FITTED w/Pics - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 08:08 AM   #1

Default M4 Street Slayer FITTED w/Pics

Here we go CBR'ers

One M4 Fitted to my CBR with an arrow front pipe.

Exhaust

Arrow pipe fitted

Mounting bracket for the M4.

The give you a longer bolt for the lower rear set bolt, and a nut to suit, You fit the longer bolt and it sticks out the back of the frame.

You then fit the bracket onto that and hold it with a nut.

Easy as PIE!

Ultra high temp Anti seize lubricant fitted, Rated around 2000deg C Its used on aircraft parts, I work on aircraft

Remember the loctite and some exhaust cement for the header pipe

Tighten it all up and BAM

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macca For This Useful Post:
GodSon (08-04-2013), Red250rider (10-21-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2011, 08:08 AM   #2

What does it sound like?!?!?!

With Silencer

With out Silencer

My brother taking it for a quick squirt around the block.

All I can say, is that it worked well out of the box, no ECU reset needed at all, feels like its picked up a nice little bit

With out the silencer is is AS LOUD AS ****! Really ludicrously loud! Ride with ear plug loud.

I will be reinstalling the silencer, which is well designed, Its got a fixed plate in the middle to force air into the packing.

Last edited by Macca; 09-15-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #3

Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,188 Posts

Thanks Macca very informative.

The vid with your brother going for a squirt was without the M4 silencer?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #4

Correct without the Silencer.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #5

Garage

Very cool Macca! I just installed my M4 SS last night on the stock head pipe.

I snapped the bolt that held the stock exhaust clamp. Cheap bolt + high heat = low torque sheer. Easy enough to replace with a higher quality bolt if I ever put the stock exhaust back on. I also had to cut/tear the muffler tape in the joint between the stock exhaust and head pipe. Found that it wasn't needed with the M4 SS.

WOW!!! What a difference in sound. No more sneaking up on people or cars, even at idle. Even with my Shoei RF-1100 on it is loud. I love the deep almost-hollow woop, woop, woop at idle, the growl under acceleration and the engine breaking sound that I just can't describe right now.

I just bolted it on and started riding. No ECU reset or anything. Seems to pull a bit more freely from 7K to redline. Haven't tried to hit top speed yet. It was a little too cold this morning at 36 F. / 2.2 C. The idle revved up to 3K this morning right after I started her up. A quick twist of the throttle calmed it down to 2K and then it settled down at 1.5K where it should be. I guess I may need to do the ECU reset, but I'll let it go for a little while longer to see if and how much it adjusts itself.

I want to take off the passenger brackets like you did, but I think I'll order some fillers before I take them off. Wish there was something on the market that would fill the holes and also give some protection to the rear brake reservoir.

Cheers Mate!

~Drew
Old 09-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #6

Thank you for the ride-by video. That pretty much sold me!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #7

sounds very nice. what rear seat cowl was that?
Old 09-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #8

Default m4

COOL it looks greatfits right in with the size of the bike.glade TO SEE THAT NO RESET WAS NEEDED.

Last edited by woolf; 09-15-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVOKNIO View Post

I want to take off the passenger brackets like you did, but I think I'll order some fillers before I take them off. Wish there was something on the market that would fill the holes and also give some protection to the rear brake reservoir.

I shaped up a cover out of a plate of aluminum to protect my brake reservoir that turned out really nice. I'll get some pictures and post them.

I replaced my stock exhaust (I was just running a straight pipe) to ride around town and removed my cover plate, so I won't have any pictures of it on the bike.

It was very easy to do, just take a square plate, large enough to cover both holes, cut a slight slope into it, round the edges with a file, drill the holes, then put the mounting edge into a vice and give it a small bend. I used a piece of aluminum from an old car intake tube, flattened it out and cut it to shape. It was very sturdy and looked almost factory.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #10

very smart looking.
what is the red canister opposite side of the brake reservior?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement