Bottom line what is the best aftermarket exhaust?? - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #1

Question Bottom line what is the best aftermarket exhaust??

What is the best aftermarket exhaust for my Black 2012 Honda CBR 250r ABS?? I keep hearing Yoshi, 2 bros, I mean seriously what is the best one for me to buy as far as quality looks and sound? I do not want to have to re-install the stock one because the one I buy is "annoying" as I have heard on this forum. Please help fellow riders!!! Also has anyone bought the hotbodies fender elimination kit?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #2

Search
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #3

Garage

The absolute best exhaust is the one you end up liking the most out of all the ones you looked at and listened to.

Other than that they're all about the same performance wise.

On Edit: After reading my post I see it is rather vague. Sorry about that but the truth is that I have no way of knowing what you like or what you perceive to be "too loud" or "annoying".

None the pipes available will net you more than 2hp by themselves. There's really only three good reasons to buy a pipe.

1. Weight savings
2. Sound
3. Looks

All the aftermarket pipes weigh a whole lot less than stock so you can't go wrong with any of them there. Looks & Sound however... are just too subjective to personal taste for me to make any suggestions.

Last edited by Metalstorm; 06-18-2012 at 10:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Metalstorm For This Useful Post:
mahesh_weezy (06-12-2014)
Old 06-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #4

From my reading on here there is no one that is the "best" for everyone it pretty much boils down to how much you want to pay, what you want it to look like and how loud you want it.

Personally I plan on goin with hindle because I really like the black pipe, the way they use the factory shield to hide the midpipe and it being on the low side of loudness. I've heard the two brothers in person and really liked it and could end up going that route.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Old 06-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #5

Thanks for the feedback anyone have one installed that they just love?
Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #6

Garage

For what it's worth, I like the Akrapovic carbon fiber.

I don't have one but while is hard to get a really Accurate feel for a pipe on YouTube, it sounded the nicest to me. With the baffle in it didn't sound loud enough to piss off the neighbors and had a nice deep tone.
Without the baffle it seemed god awful loud.

Hindle would be my second choice.

The Leo Vince Evolution II would be my third choice.

The Two Brothers and Yoshi are too loud for my tastes.

There are more makes out there.
Do a 2011-2012 CBR250R exhaust search on YouTube and you'll find many vids of different pipes.

Happy Hunting
Old 06-19-2012, 02:22 AM   #7

I like the look of the hot bodies FE kit. But now I need to buy an integrated tail light. The mount for signals sucks!!! My right signal is barely hanging on bc it's completely cracked. Cheap plastic mount. Ugh. Now looking at DMP tailight. Eliminate the bulky signals. And I need an exhaust too. Money pit.

"If it is small enough to put on a plate and eat in one serving....HIT IT."
Old 06-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #8

Anyone found a video of the Hot bodies exhaust? None on youtube and the one from this forum is on private
Old 06-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #9

Yoshi TRC 100% perfect for me
Old 06-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #10

I'm going to buy either the Ixil or Remus Okami. Admittedly I've had to rely on youtube for the sounds, but I've listened too and discounted M4, Yoshi, Leo Vince, Akrapovic, Arrow, Hindle and Jardine. The other one I really like the sound of was the FMF but it doesn't seem to be available where I am (Sydney). The Remus is both hot sounding (like a dirt bike) and classy looking. The Ixil is marginally cheaper although has to get shipped from further away and is a bit plainer looking. They both apparently offer the same weight reduction/power improvement (which is pretty slight; it's all about how it looks and sounds, really :-).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement