Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

camshafts for race bike

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tack 
#1 ·
Hi,

I've just ordered a wiseco piston for my MC41 race bike however I was wondering if anyone has sourced any sports cams for this engine.

I have found the Takagawa cams from webike but there is very little info or specs for the cam and I was a little concerned about the Takagawa piston failures so I was a bit wary of their products. But if that's all I can get then I guess I don't have any choice.

the clearances are tight on these bikes so I imagine any sports cam will just be longer duration because Takagawa isn't advertising special (lower crush) valve springs so std springs must be fine.

Any info on this would be much appreciated.

thanks

#3 ·
I have the Takgawa cams on my 250, I did the complete 305cc Bore kit. I couldnt tell you if they made a major difference. They are reliable I know that.

Reactions: tack
#4 ·
thanks for the link and thank you bothy for the replies...much appreciated, I contacted DC cams however I contacted ape racing as well and they are going to do a head for me and I hope that will know which cam to match.

I think I'll order the DC cams stage 2 hopefully it will work with the APE cylinder head and the Wiseco piston.

See if we can get that illusive 1000 HP ....LOL.

Running the bike this weekend at a race meeting with the std motor and see how it goes hey.

wonder what the lap record is???....lol

#5 ·
Hey guys,

so ran the bike for the first time at last week ends race meeting and basically scrapped off the leading edge of the exhaust on right handers and wore my toe sliders thru to the leather!

had to jack the back up to get more exhaust clearance but still touched on the ripple strips as well so not keen on that at all. Basically lifted the rear tyre of the deck slightly which made it slide so... not good. I'm in the process of relocating the can up higher and more out of harms way (crash wise).

I have ordered Yoshi offset brackets to take the rearsets sets up and back to give my feet more clearance as well.

So if anyone else is thinking of running this bike maybe just think about those two items.

I just got my wiseco piston. Looks nice and all that. However, I understand that to some extent or other that the cbr250R's is loosely based on it's big brother the CBR1000R. They happen to share the exact same bore size and the 1000 has a 0.1mm slightly longer stroke. The 1000 has a 12.5:1 compression ratio.

So has anyone ever checked out the the 1000 piston at all as an alternative for the 250's piston??? anyone now if its got the same gudgeon pin or anything???

Be interested to know. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.