K & N filter - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #11

$36 on Amazon. Probably won't find it any cheaper.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/matao87/cbr250r
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #12

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketalpha View Post
I like mine!

But dont get the idea you will hop on it and be like ********************!!!

it is only an air filter, but it will compliment any other upgrades you exhaust, air box mods and so forth. to often people look at one component and this will do it all alone. Look at the over all picture!
And buy the way i get them at cost. i maybe able to past the savings on to you, P M me.
I have heard so many people dissing it on here and saying it doesn't work...but the idea just sounds too good to me.

Do you have to apply oil? How often? how often to clean? If its just oiling and washing every now and then to get the quality of a K&N air filter, then I am in!

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/efutak/cbr250r
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #13

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by efoo View Post
I have heard so many people dissing it on here and saying it doesn't work...but the idea just sounds too good to me.

Do you have to apply oil? How often? how often to clean? If its just oiling and washing every now and then to get the quality of a K&N air filter, then I am in!
I've got mine like 4 months ago. I could see a slight drop in mileage (4 - 5 mpg less) and a little bit more acceleration. But you need to see a dyno chart to check wheter it increases power or not.

It comes pre-oiled and you only have to add a sealing grease (included) at the edges. Cleaning intervals depend on how clean or dirty your environment is(cleaning kit not included) but given the cost of the kit compared to the filter's and considering the risk of not cleaning it properly I'd rather buy a new one when I notice is dirt enough.

As other people say, don't expect a big jump in performance. For that, you need also an exhaust and a bazzaz. Then you will see three or four ponies more.

Installation is easy as well, as you can see in the attached pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P0002_071312.jpg (89.0 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg P0003_071312.jpg (98.8 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by miltonch76; 11-28-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltonch76 View Post
given the cost of the kit compared to the filter's and considering the risk of not cleaning it properly I'd rather buy a new one when I notice is dirt enough.
So you are going to buy another K&N filter instead of cleaning the one you have?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #15

In reality, those filters were made fore people racing and running their engines under extreme conditions. It's kind of like a loud pipe; you won't need it unless you're running it wide open, and it's not gonna help on the bottom end anyway. The oiling of the filter is an attempt to catch dirt and make up for the fact that they don't filter as well as OEM filters. Under normal driving conditions, your airbox is not your weakest link. I'd say unless you have a specific need for it like racing where fractions of a second count, I wouldn't sacrifice the filtering properties of an OEM filter.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rusty Shackleford For This Useful Post:
Asako (12-11-2012), Jme250RA (12-13-2012), MotoMike (12-11-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 01:37 AM   #16
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,029 Times in 1,532 Posts

There is also a perception that the K&N filter is more economical than the OEM Honda filters, but that doesn't really add up... OEM Honda air filters are about $14.00 MSRP ($10.00 online), compared to $50.00 for a K&N, plus another $20.00 for the K&N re-charger kit. Honda's service interval for the OEM air filter is 12,000 miles, with more frequent replacement if operated in dusty or wet conditions. So using 8,000 miles as a more realistic average service interval, you would have to go through five (5) OEM air filters @ $14.00 each to equal the cost of the K&N filter and the re-charger kit... over the course of 40,000 miles. That's the break even point... only after 40,000 miles, assuming the K&N filter is still serviceable, is when you would start to see any $ savings. So then the question is, will you still own the bike at 40,000 miles to begin to realize any savings?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #17

...and not only that, it's 40,000 miles of sub-par filtering hoping that snake oil coating will catch 40,000 miles worth of dirt.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #18

My opinion is I would never run a K&N filter in anything. I have seen dozens of automobiles, ATV's and street bikes that have had them and maintained the filter " cleaning and oiling" and have found more dirt and sand than I ever want to see sitting in the throat of the carb/ TB. And for those who don'y maintain the filter will see a ton more debris. just my .02

https://www.facebook.com/centertrackperformance
Old 12-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #19
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,029 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRMotosports View Post
My opinion is I would never run a K&N filter in anything. I have seen dozens of automobiles, ATV's and street bikes that have had them and maintained the filter " cleaning and oiling" and have found more dirt and sand than I ever want to see sitting in the throat of the carb/ TB. And for those who don'y maintain the filter will see a ton more debris. just my .02
I saw the same thing when I worked as a motorcycle tech ... dirt and sand behind K&N air filters. Any perceived small increase in performance is not worth the high potential for engine damage.
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoMike For This Useful Post:
hondafan (12-11-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement