Big gun slip on - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #1

Default Big gun slip on

Just ordered from Tom@biohazard, will post full review upon installation. I originally ordered the Leo Vince gp corsa from him, to be told it was out of stock for two weeks. I aske d if there were any other slip on pipes in the same price range, so he offered me a discount on the big gun. I jumped on it, partly because it is a new exhaust that no one has reviewed yet. Just doing my part for a helpful forum I have lurked on for a long time.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fast-ish For This Useful Post:
katedwolf (10-16-2012), lewiCBR250R (10-20-2012), miltonch76 (03-10-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #2

Cool. I was looking at getting the same system. I will wait for your review before I purchase. Also could you update audio of the system?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #3

Should arrive today or tomorrow, I'll steal the wife's camera, it has better audio than my phone. Would you like a rev vid, fly by, or both?
Old 10-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #4

Lookin forward to your review....Thanks
Old 10-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast-ish View Post
Should arrive today or tomorrow, I'll steal the wife's camera, it has better audio than my phone. Would you like a rev vid, fly by, or both?
Both! And why not throw in a dyno test?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #6

I would, but my local stealership doesn't have one and I really don't want to ride to LA just to find out how weak my bike is!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #7

Arrived today. I'll install after work and put up a quick write up tonight. I'll put up the videos some time this weekend, along with a more detailed review. So sick of lame videos and "its hella fast sounds good buy it now!" Reviews
Old 10-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #8

really interested in this exhaust!! i hope its not too loud like the leovince gp corsa. that one is deafening, even with the insert
Old 10-18-2012, 12:47 AM   #9

INSTALLED!!!

Put simply, I really like it. It was well packaged, light considering it's size (roughly 17" from inlet to end of tip.) Welds are nice, sharp edges nonexistant. Finish is even, a very nice semi-gloss. It does NOT come with a DB killer. That being said, I could see many people (Ferrari) not liking it. You can see through this can, with a slightly larger than 1" inner diameter. It is loud. Not open header loud, but not much quieter. About on par volume wise with the GP Corsa from what I have heard of it. I would say BARELY quieter than the GP Corsa without DB killer. With THAT being said, IMO the sound is MUCH better. Jmia, It might be right up your alley. Picture a CRF450 with an MX pipe. Pretty much paints the picture. To those who haven't heard that, It sounds vaguely Harley Davidson at idle (Bass), Dirtbike-ish when given throttle (Barks), and deceleration is PERFECT. Like, Burbling corvette perfect. Words do not describe. Performance wise, I was quite impressed for a slip-on being my sole performance upgrade. Power delivery was improved significantly in the low range, mid range improved, with the sweet spot being between 5-8k RPMs, and power did not drop off above that. I can now pull 6th at freeway speeds with my wife on the back without losing speed, and our cruising speed up a decent incline was +-80 MPH, with a little bit of throttle to spare. I am very happy with it, I LOVE the pipe, but once again, It's pretty ******************** loud.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #10

Pics and vid to follow, no time for a few days. that'll have to do for now. PS it complements the black CBR quite nicely, for those who may wonder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement