Improvements. - Page 8 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewiCBR250R View Post
awesome new bike Aufitt and good luck with the sale of the little cbr! you better not leave this forum though, you are part and parcel of the foundation of this forum and a top contributor. Good luck with racing the ninja, you will have a blast and i hope to hear some updates too!

Lewi
What Lewi said .

Dave
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to CBR_Dave For This Useful Post:
Aufitt (12-06-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_Dave View Post
What Lewi said .

Dave
+ 1 more

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #73
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post

cbr250's suffer from a loose rose joint mount on the gearshifter from new.
Put some thought into how to (carefully) weld it to get rid of the slop without destroying the rose joint (its part of the gear shifter)
I finally got a chance to look at the rose joint. wow! I definitely have to fix this slop. great solution!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:56 AM   #74
Super Moderator

Quote:

Ended up with only 2mm thread showing on the adjuster rod and the lever where I want it.
Threadlocked the extension into the rosejoint so it wont work loose.
Bent the gear lever inwards and kept the toe piece inline with the bike.
Lubed all moving parts.
Everything could be returned to stock at a later stage.
I just ordered a gear shift rod for a 2009 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius P/N 25525-44H00. It looks like it should be close to the length needed for this mod. I didn't have my tape measure on me but it looks like this linkage is about 8" long and has the same thread. If it is too long, it shouldn't be a problem cutting it down and cutting more threads on the right hand thread side. If it doesn't work i'm only out $14. I'll have more info when the part comes in.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #75

Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,188 Posts

Jme the the problem is that a couple mm diffence on the rod = 25mm on the gear shifter height.
My method is easier, you should see how precise my gearshifts are now, there is no play and no flex.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #76
Super Moderator

Yeah! I noticed how much a couple threads changes the shifter height. I've done all the mock up the same way you did yours. I'm just a stickler for details. My mock up shift rod only engages 1/4" of the threads on each end because I made the rod length the same as yours but my offset is 15mm x 15mm more. Rather than rethread another bolt, I'll just adjust the length on this new rod and it'll look like it was made for it.

For anyone not understanding why we don't just thread up a new rod, these rods have a right hand thread on one hand and a left hand thread on the other. It's not worth the cost of buying a die for cutting a left hand thread or getting a machinist to build one.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #77
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,043 Times in 1,542 Posts

Rotating the lever on the shift shaft by one or two splines, will allow you to have full thread engagement on your new adjustment rod. I had to do this (rotated lever one spline) to lower my shift lever to where I wanted it, while still maintaining full thread engagement on the stock adjustment rod.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #78
Super Moderator

I was looking at that option also. It looks like 2 notches would be about the maximum you could go before losing leverage on the shifter.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #79

Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,188 Posts

I went one spline anti-clockwise as it makes upshifts better.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #80

Garage

Quote:
^Top of the class!

(@BBRMotorsports knows what I did there too)

20 mins with a die grinder and a half round file to reap the rewards of better response at high rpm and still have all the benefits of a std header.

would you class this mod as modifying the exhaust port floor? which your not supposed to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement