15 tooth sprocket - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 Old 12-05-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper1rfa View Post
Ayup.

For example, I don't understand why people are worried about "pulling" 6th gear. You don't run a dragrace in 6th. You've got five other perfectly acceptable gears for when you're not just cruising along.

Not to mention it pulls just fine above 60.
To expand on this a little, I am currently running a 17T / 36T and not having any problems. I only am using 6th at speeds above 60 mph. 72 mph is about 6000 rpm. I shift less around town and have not seen a down side. If I keep the bike in the right RPM range, acceleration is not a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to R Runner For This Useful Post:
ross350 (09-28-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 08-26-2014, 04:12 PM

I've been running a 15t drive sprocket for about a week now and for the type of riding i do, which is commuting on streets with a speed limit of 45mph I am really liking the taller gearing. I take it on the expressway occasionally with speeds up to 65 mph and can appreciate the differrence on how the engine seems more relaxed. Taking off from a stop, 1st gear and second gear are much less frantic and the pull that i get is not that much different from stock but improved. I don't think I'll be going down on the rear sprocket because the 15t is enough of a change for me. I just started using "gas tracker" app to see what my FE is. I must say I enjoy riding my cbr 250r a little bit more now. No regrets here!
post #23 of 28 Old 09-28-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Runner View Post
To expand on this a little, I am currently running a 17T / 36T and not having any problems. I only am using 6th at speeds above 60 mph. 72 mph is about 6000 rpm. I shift less around town and have not seen a down side. If I keep the bike in the right RPM range, acceleration is not a problem.

Can you please tell me where you got a 17 tooth front sprocket. A link would be nice or even a phone number if you got it from a shop.
I already have a 36 tooth rear sprocket and a chain that I want to put on and I already just take off in second gear all the time. I just really want to cruise on the highway at lower revs

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #24 of 28 Old 09-29-2014, 02:24 PM

I have one bike with a 13 tooth for city and one with 15 tooth more for highway. I do ride the 15 tooth in the city and the 13 tooth on the highway but they struggle in some aspects. I prefer a 13 tooth on the highway more than a 15 tooth in the city. I feel like you really need to over rev the engine and drag the clutch much longer to start out with a 15. Other than that the 15 tooth is nice.

Trust me this will be fun.
post #25 of 28 Old 09-29-2014, 09:34 PM

Bought a rental 15 tooth sprocket from 4wheelonline. Well the product is self is great, but transferring the power band is really sucks.
post #26 of 28 Old 09-29-2014, 09:41 PM

Exclamation 17t sprocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross350 View Post
Can you please tell me where you got a 17 tooth front sprocket. A link would be nice or even a phone number if you got it from a shop.
I already have a 36 tooth rear sprocket and a chain that I want to put on and I already just take off in second gear all the time. I just really want to cruise on the highway at lower revs

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Link to 17t Sprocket.

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-a...your-bike.html

If your Waiting on me, You're Late.

1999 Black Honda VQR234se 42,000+ Miles
2001 Red Kawasaki ZR-7s 18,000 Miles

A Service Manual Each, + CBR250R.
post #27 of 28 Old 04-08-2015, 08:13 PM

15T front sprocket in steel?

Thinking I'd like to try a 15T in front, but steel, not aluminum. I've only seen references to aluminum, and my local dealer dude says he searched and could not find a 15T in steel for the CBR250. Does anyone have knowledge of a 15T in steel for our bike? Thanks.
post #28 of 28 Old 04-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,476 Times in 1,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo DV8 View Post
Thinking I'd like to try a 15T in front, but steel, not aluminum. I've only seen references to aluminum, and my local dealer dude says he searched and could not find a 15T in steel for the CBR250. Does anyone have knowledge of a 15T in steel for our bike? Thanks.
You should have no problem finding a 15T steel sprocket... brands like JT Sprockets, Renthal, SunStar all make them.

I'm thinking you (and the local 'dealer dude') have gotten some misinformation along the way regarding motorcycle sprockets. I've never seen or heard of an aluminum front sprocket used on any bike... front sprockets are always made of hardened steel. Aluminum simply would not hold up to the torque being generated at the transmission output shaft... the sprocket teeth would become bent over in very short order.

That said, rear sprockets can be had in both steel and aluminum. For off-road bike applications, rear sprockets are typically made out of aluminum, whereas street bikes almost always use hardened steel for the rear sprocket (track/road racing applications would be the exception).

Last edited by MotoMike; 04-08-2015 at 08:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoMike For This Useful Post:
Stichill (04-08-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page