Question about low RPM vs mid RPM - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Aufitt, I like what you did there!! I hope you have a blast on your new bike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancevance View Post
I usually ride at 3.5k RPM and shifts at 4.5K RPM.
is it too low revs, and will such revs damage the engine? (both short and long term)

Thank you!

Please forgive my poor english, non-native speaker (I am trying my best )
No your not going to damage your engine at that rpm range. But I believe you will enjoy your bike a bit more if you run the rpm's a little higher.

By the way, your English is great. welcome to the forum
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #13

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jme250RA View Post
Aufitt, I like what you did there!! I hope you have a blast on your new bike!
Should I ride the Ninja at 3500 rpm? lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aufitt For This Useful Post:
Jme250RA (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 12:25 AM   #14

What about keeping the RPMS @ 8500

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #15

Quote:
First of all, sorry for a dumb question like this.
I've googled for a long time but I still can't figure out,
which range of RPM i should use.

I know that higher RPM will have better efficiency ,
but at which point, our CBR250R will have a break-even milliage? (low vs mid vs high RPM)

is it too low revs, and will such revs damage the engine? (both short and long term)

Thank you!

I wouldn't worry about your English; your written expression is better than some native speakers. Keep it clear, and simple at first. Keep posting on English language forums and you will become increasingly familiar with English.

Using a language will develop your skills.... just like motorcycling really. To improve, just do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne G Oldman View Post
Just ride in the range that feels best for your riding style.
You can't get much better, simply put, advice than this.

One of the advantages of single cylinder motorcycles is that they work well over a wider range of rpm than most multis. As long as the engine is reving freely, and can accelerate easily in a gear it is not "lugging".

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ajmick/dream
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael For This Useful Post:
lancevance (12-10-2012), Wynne G Oldman (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 02:11 AM   #16

Quote:
First of all, sorry for a dumb question like this.
I've googled for a long time but I still can't figure out,
which range of RPM i should use.

I know that higher RPM will have better efficiency ,
but at which point, our CBR250R will have a break-even milliage? (low vs mid vs high RPM)

Thank you!

A member on another forum(He is here on this forum i presume) reported an average fuel economy of 44 kmpl while cruising on the freeway doing a constant 80-90 kmph in 6th gear.. another member got the identical figures maintaining 6-8 k rpm on the 6th gear
The Following User Says Thank You to Nithesh For This Useful Post:
lancevance (12-10-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #17

Angry Ok....qst about how to ride for MOST POWER

Im kinda of a dip sh-- too and a NEWBIE and confused about the RPM crap.
So far I have ridden my bike 145 miles. About 12 miles on one day per weekend or maybe 24miles if both days are nice. I work and can only ride on the weekends now. But at least I will ride when it is 44degrees or higher.

Since i am just casually riding around neighborhood I cant seem to get it past 36mph so I havent ever put it in 6th gear yet.
I am getting more confident about reving longer before i switch to second gear, etc. I dont think I have ever really taken it much above 5000rpms.
My gas light is flashing already and I put 12 miles on it right when it started flashing. So if you do the math that isnt very good gas mileage.
I think it was full when i bought it because all the BARS were lit up.
But if the manual says to shift at 12mph to second, well actually my bike seems to like 10mph better, how am i supposed to get the RPMS up above 6000 or 8000 before second gear without getting the mph up??? IS that good on the bike??? Well i found a more straight road that I think i can get it to 50 mph. SO i will experiment next time I will go out.
So if i rev it to 5000-6000rpm to second gear and 8000 to third, and 9000 to 4th or 5th gear I will get BETTER gas mileage????? I know on the net someone said 5-8000rpm has the most power. Can anybody explain that?
If i go out on a day and I know I am NOT gonna go past 40mph how can I have the most fun with the rpms??? Do i just need to b less timid?? So WILL i have the MOST FUN if i can LEARN how to rev it to 5-8000rpms for all gears or by the 5th or sixth gear????? I really dont think i have taken it above 4-5000rpms the whole time i have been riding to 5th gear.
Thanks so much. They don't teach you that ******************** at the motorcycle class.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #18

Shift points:
2nd - 25mph
3rd - 42mph
4th - 61mph
5th - 75mph
6th - 85mph

That's how you take advantage of the little Thumper's full potential.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/matao87/cbr250r
The Following User Says Thank You to Matao87 For This Useful Post:
Jme250RA (12-25-2012)
Old 12-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #19

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,199 Posts

Shift points-

Bike not going any faster- shift down
Bike not going any faster- shift up.

please watch the road and your mirrors instead.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aufitt For This Useful Post:
efoo (12-25-2012), Jme250RA (12-25-2012), Matao87 (12-25-2012)
Old 12-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #20

This is the first bike that I have owned with a tachometer. Since I try not to fixate on the instruments when I ride, when I have checked my shift points, I'm typically at 4500-5000 rpm. That's what feels right for me. This, of course, is after a few months practice and getting used to the bike and it's gearing.

Yes, I do watch my speed . . . I find keeping it in that 5000rpm range and adjusting the gear gives me the power I need at any given time and I'm usually at the speed I need as well.

Of course I should point out that currently I spend most of my ride below 6000 rpm since I'm not done with the break-in yet (this was recommended by the dealer).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement