Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

LV Evo 2 silencer issue

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Kit 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
Today as I was riding i had a feeling my exhaust was sounding a bit louder than usual, to the point where i was wondering if it was giving pedestrians the shiets or not.
To cut a long story short, the silencer disk in my exhaust had a big rip in it and was wedged in the can. It looks as though its been torn by something. And it ungodly loud.

Has anyone experienced this with the Evo 2, or any other pipe? And if so, what was your fix?

#2 ·
I have the stainless steel LV full system but mine did not come with the front baffle which I believe you are referring to. It did have 2 alternative DB killers and I found using the smaller diameter one was still too loud.

My solution was to sleeve the DB killer with a smaller diameter inner pipe and I also made this about 2cm longer internally (32mm outside diameter is a snug fit, 1.25 inches slightly more loose). This reduces the noise and also gives me an engine characteristic which I like.

Its not totally quiet but by keeping the revs down in town it is acceptable.

Regards Roadster

#8 ·
Mine just did the same thing. I've had this on less than 1k miles. wtf? I'm having some trouble getting the little spacer/end out of the exhaust. The aluminum cylinder that adapts the pipe to the exhaust. Anyone have any hints?
Sounds like these are getting too hot. This is probably because of the air injection which raises the exhaust temperature and acts like a blow torch.

My recommendation would always be to block the air injection off when fitting a third party exhaust that doesn't have a catalytic insert.

Regards Roadster

#12 ·
Removal of air injection ( exhaust)

roadster - have lv one evoII with disc [used, perfect condition and fit etc]
can you elaborate or provide a link as to blocking the air injector[? :) ]
thanks
Remove the hose to the cylinder head and block the pipe where shown.

Remove/block the connection into the air cleaner as seen in picture 2.

Optionally disconnect and remove the control valve. ( This has no effect on engine management/ECU or warning light).

Regards Roadster

Attachments

#11 ·
Thanks Wlockyer! Usually when I have to resort to brute force on things I assume I am doing something 'wrong', so I wanted to make sure this was the correct way to go about it.

Also, +1 on what Shisoshin is saying, Roadster... I was going to just look into a metal with higher heat tolerance, or just cut a bunch of disks and replace as needed, but if we can somehow effectively reduce exhaust temp that would be preferable. My disk blew a chunk out of the top, then cracked twice between the rings. I really liked the sound of it before, and since half my commute is pretty late at night, I'd hate to rile the neighbors. LV hasn't gotten back to me so I may end up having a fabricator friend cut another disk for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.