Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

What is this?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MotoMike 
#1 ·
I'm changing my chain, chain slider and sprockets and noticed this jagged piece of metal next to where the front sprocket was. In the first picture it is on the right side, the other two pictures are other close up angles of it. Can anyone identify what it is and if its supposed to be this way?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm changing my chain, chain slider and sprockets and noticed this jagged piece of metal next to where the front sprocket was. In the first picture it is on the right side, the other two pictures are other close up angles of it. Can anyone identify what it is and if its supposed to be this way?
That is the chain slider mounting tab, which is welded to the front of the swingarm and is there to retain the chain slider in position on the front of the swingarm. It looks like something (maybe a rock?) managed to get up there and bend it. Should be easy enough to straighten it out using a pair of Vise Grips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.